F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Ea sports it’s in the game

11 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

If I was running a company and someone offered me 1.2 Billion dollars to buy me out I'd probably take it too.

Fair point lol! Though the big boots get the playboy life, what happens to the team?

Edited by ChironTheseus

3 hours ago, PaulLynch said:

I take it you never played any of the EA F1 games what the designed back in the early 2000 to 2004 . . Of the updated the graphics and physics to modern times I would quit happily buy the F1 games the designed in 04 . The were just more open .manual pit stops and it was manual where you had to do the full pit stop your self .no A1 taking over . I'm looking forward to seeing what the van do . With it . I've bought every F1. Game . And especially the past couple of year I haven't completed career . Not because it's too long . But too boring after a few seasons . The just isn't any imagination to story mode . It doesn't even feel like a career. 

So I'm really hoping EA brings some immersion to it as most of the time I just feel as if driving in a circle . You get your first win in a midfield car and the game doesn't even mention it 

Yeah I played all the old ones from, I believe my very first was 1999/2000 Championship. Put a lot of hours into that on PS1! Tbh I put a lot into 2006 the last they did too though they really went all out arcade there. But the remaster F1 Championship Edition for PS3 I still own and still looks like a real TV broadcast! Replays are just stunning with Sony going all out. I'd love that style of graphics again, just massively realistically smooth would be amazing and yes the 2002/04 were much more sim compared to the arcade standards of before, tricky to master and very rewarding, including really nice rewards, I still have the PS2 with the extra disc with FULL season highlights just just gave free with the game! Though the play function is pretty buggy!

But today there is no denying what Codemasters has accomplished with advancements on AI (not including backmarkers, they still get weird on us), it would be nice to hear what EA have planned, if they are rebuilding from scratch then how are they going to treat the AI system, because it took years for Codemasters to perfect it, EA won't get it right off the bat, no company can when its back to basics. We will go through all the teething together, then if EA do perfect the AI will they then sell it for another to rebuild? History always repeats. So I'm hoping EA are really thinking hard on its direction. I want smooth graphics, but I'd take slightly grainy over perfect wheel to wheel AI right now. There is no greater feeling in a racing game than earning a clean battle race with a tough but fair AI. I'm also concerned of microtransactions since a few of EAs latest releases have resembled that of the sickeningly corrupt mobile gaming world.. 

I'm terribly sorry, but I've merged some threads together, as I felt that having three to four EA related posts on page one is a bit too much 🙂 

16 hours ago, ChironTheseus said:

Yeah I played all the old ones from, I believe my very first was 1999/2000 Championship. Put a lot of hours into that on PS1! Tbh I put a lot into 2006 the last they did too though they really went all out arcade there. But the remaster F1 Championship Edition for PS3 I still own and still looks like a real TV broadcast! Replays are just stunning with Sony going all out. I'd love that style of graphics again, just massively realistically smooth would be amazing and yes the 2002/04 were much more sim compared to the arcade standards of before, tricky to master and very rewarding, including really nice rewards, I still have the PS2 with the extra disc with FULL season highlights just just gave free with the game! Though the play function is pretty buggy!

But today there is no denying what Codemasters has accomplished with advancements on AI (not including backmarkers, they still get weird on us), it would be nice to hear what EA have planned, if they are rebuilding from scratch then how are they going to treat the AI system, because it took years for Codemasters to perfect it, EA won't get it right off the bat, no company can when its back to basics. We will go through all the teething together, then if EA do perfect the AI will they then sell it for another to rebuild? History always repeats. So I'm hoping EA are really thinking hard on its direction. I want smooth graphics, but I'd take slightly grainy over perfect wheel to wheel AI right now. There is no greater feeling in a racing game than earning a clean battle race with a tough but fair AI. I'm also concerned of microtransactions since a few of EAs latest releases have resembled that of the sickeningly corrupt mobile gaming world.. 

They’d be foolish IMO to start from scratch. They have a good base to build on now. The cash injection and man power alone will help the series. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had spent so many hours playing the F1 Challenge 99-02 and the F1 2001 in my oldest PS1.. great games they build in the last generation.. so i am very optimistic and positive about what they can do and what they can achieve having the amazing base and people to improve.. so looking for another Titles like Fifa for example nothing can go wrong to the Future

• Agree 1

Sad. I really liked the past 3 F1 games, especially the last one. I have a bad feeling about this. Let's hope they don't interfere with the management of CM studios. They did that with Ghost (former NFS developer) and as a result the studio was disbanded, Criterion took over and NFS Heat died only 4 months after release. The game had huge potential but died too quick. 

Edited by AvengerGR35
  • Agree 1

You can think of EA what you want but if they bring classic tracks back as a DLC, I would totally buy it. Much more value for money than opening random packs in Fifa. In addition, with a higher budget it's much more likely to have laser-scanned tracks, which is much needed in a game like F1.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 2:33 AM, AvengerGR35 said:

Sad. I really liked the past 3 F1 games, especially the last one. I have a bad feeling about this. Let's hope they don't interfere with the management of CM studios. They did that with Ghost (former NFS developer) and as a result the studio was disbanded, Criterion took over and NFS Heat died only 4 months after release. The game had huge potential but died too quick. 

Yeah the ymade a mistake ther ethat's fo rsure as Heat is actually a really good game. I got it last Christmas and it definitely has a NFS Carbon vibe about it and it' s definitely one of my favourite racing games in recent years. I feel optimistic about EA's move but I can understand the concern. 

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Agree 2