Jump to content Jump to content

Ea sports it’s in the game

4 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

What? NFS series is the worst games you can buy today from racing perspective. I love NFS 1, 3, 5 and few others but this? Come on.

Ego is miles away from everything. EA doesn't have anything against.

It's sad, MS should step in and buy it.

Personally I enjoyed NFS Hea tbut each to their own I guess. Eithre wa yI doubt they'll mess th eforma taroun tha tmuch bu tgive more resources to them where needed. Also MS has Turn 10 hte yprobabl ydon't feel the need t obyu CM. Whereas EA will byu anything if it helps them get  an edge anywhere. Mus tadmi the moer I think about it the more I like this move

Edited by sjsharp2010
12 minutes ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Personally I enjoyed NFS Hea tbut each to their own I guess.

It's funny to like NFS on CM forum. Even the worst game from CM is much better than any recent NFS. OK, it's your taste but it's definately not racing taste. I can see the money in EA games but not the racing/driving.

57 minutes ago, hippoSURF said:

Alot of companies own numerous developers and allow them to remain relatively autonomous. That could be the case here.

The only way the F1 Game we currently know gets better or isn’t completely destroyed by EA is if EA stays 100% out of creative/development and only participates in resources/marketing. If EA becomes involved in any creative/development aspects they’ll destroy anything good guaranteed. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, hippoSURF said:

Alot of companies own numerous developers and allow them to remain relatively autonomous. That could be the case here.

Not a chance.  Ea are money making hungry wolves . But they do make good games . This deal can only be a good thing , codemasters just were not big enough unfortunately for an official licenced game . Although they have improved this deal will make the franchise gameplay better . Im sure of ( opinion) 

Dedicated servers

Co op season

An Overhaul of the penalty system (not hopefull on this one as EA don't seem to even know what offside is or what a decent tackle is in fifa.

Career mode not to be abandoned as like in fifa also the games are catered for the ultimate team fan boys so is nearly Hopeless in single player mode.

Microtransactions not to be too excessive.

In this acquisition instance the tables are turned and it’s EA who will be learning from Codemasters with their years of expertise in coding F1 games. Don’t expect much to change here, except that maybe more resources in terms of manpower and money to make F1 into an even better game going forward. EA does have more avatar experience than Codemasters so that visualization process that looks bit wonky now in the game will improve. Also EA is richer and more of a recognized gamer than the other company so it’s a win win for Codemasters all around! 

• Agree 1

The last hope for a real F1 simulation is thus finally destroyed. A huge step in the wrong direction. I hate arcade games, and EA loves arcade games. Unfortunately we don't come together like that. The day I should draw cards for a better engine will never come. Never EA.

Edited by ndrst
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, petro1319 said:

The problem though; EA doesn't do the sim style game that most people around here seem to be looking for.   So your online experience may get better, but the racing likely wont.

The current f1 games are more like arcade than sim tho so I'm hopeful for a great series to develop.  I dont want EA  to change the style personally.  Maybe a different engine or a better net code.  Its interesting and we wouldn't like a see any difference until at least 2022

Edited by TRJoey
3 hours ago, TRJoey said:

The current f1 games are more like arcade than sim tho so I'm hopeful for a great series to develop.  I dont want EA  to change the style personally.  Maybe a different engine or a better net code.  Its interesting and we wouldn't like a see any difference until at least 2022

Well that was my point though, if people think it's not sim now and it's arcade... just wait until EA gets ahold of it.  It will be even less Sim and more arcade, and more copy/paste every year.  They're not going to put the effort into the physics models and how the cars perform etc. etc. NHL hockey series is a great example..  I mean...  snoop dogg joins the team for guest commentary...  Yes, you read that right.  If the sales numbers aren't great for this title either it could even disappear or see even less support.  NHL is evidence of this, the death of the Tiger Woods/Rory McIlroy golf series as well.  Only benefit here is an exclusive license may keep it alive.  They dropped a nascar game with a license as well though, so there's alot to be concerned with when you look at this news.   Oh, and if people think 2k was going to nickle and dime them, so will EA.  They'll spend more time developing an "ultimate team" mode than they will developing the actual game if it means more revenue.

I say all this as a player, and enjoyer of several EA titles as well.  Really though, the way EA does business if you want to play a sports game you dont really have a choice.  They're not bad games, but they're not what they could be or should be either.

Edited by petro1319

I perfectly understand the non-positive reactions on these kind of news.

Every gamer that I know has already experienced, what happens to his favourite franchise, once a developer studio was bought out by one of the big players of the gaming market. Many of us played dozens of years of Blizzard games, Warcraft 3, Diablo, WoW - hence it was a quality mark of its own, just because it was announced to be created (when its done) by Blizzard. BattleNet had no matches anywhere else. And today, where have the Blizzard franchises developed to? World of Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, meanwhile all of these markstones of gaming history became a shadow of what they once were. BattleNet became a launcher window, where games by Activision are being advertised. Awesome. Gamers always longed for this, they just didnt know - you think you do, but you dont! And Diablo 4 they wanted to release on mobile only, lol, and how gamers rioted because of that on Blizzcon. Even the co-founders left the company, to found their own studios somewhere else. Ever heard of Paradox Interactive? Same story. Want to look 20 years back for an example, Origin ("we create worlds") anyone?

Oh and feel free to prove this wrong by naming the developer buyouts, that actually improved things for gamers? See...

Lets hope Codemasters will keep developing the current F1 2020 just a bit more, there is still vast potential in this game that could be unleashed, and then we will probably continue to play the 2020 season for many years to come. And if not, well, the experienced gamer has learned long ago how to vote with his wallet.

5 hours ago, petro1319 said:

It will be even less Sim and more arcade, and more copy/paste every year

And - mark my words - I would be surprised if the number of bugs on release would decrease, as well as I would be surprised if the correction of bugs would improve in any way.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

And - mark my words - I would be surprised if the number of bugs on release would decrease, as well as I would be surprised if the correction of bugs would improve in any way.

Madden is an EA game and its a complete dumpster fire piece of trash game thats riddled with game destroying glitches year after year sooooo yeah. I have zero faith in EA but if they stay the %$CK out of the way and let the current creative brain trust do their work things might be ok. 

2 hours ago, Theseus said:

I have zero faith in EA but if they stay the %$CK out of the way and let the current creative brain trust do their work things might be ok. 

EA pays over a billion dollars. Of course, they want to have full control over Codemasters and the F1 series.

11 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

When EA was producing F1 games - back at the turn of the century - they had telemetry in them. This continues to be a huge missing element in Codemasters' games. So hopefully, EA will push to have this reintroduced.

Is it really going to matter though if/when they ruin the rest of the experience?  I highly doubt they'll bring it back, they're not the same company now as they were then.