Jump to content Jump to content

Race starts are too easy?

So basically A.I. sucks at them, I play with Dualshock 4 on pc, without any assists, but I use automatic gears. AI difficulty is on 90%, and every race start they are so slow that I can easily go from like P8 to P1 even without using overtake button.

This really makes the game a terrible experience for me and for playing carrer mode, because it doesn't even matter how good or bad I do in qualifying, when I can storm my way to the podium at the start of the race. Does anyone else feel the same, or what?

4 hours ago, USPBauer24 said:

Increase your difficulty and see of that changes things. Gears are important during the race start so I guess auto gears is helping you - try with manual. 

Yeah, I think auto gears might be a reason for all of this. I played over 100 hours in f1 2019 and I really liked race starts there, you really had to time them good in order to have a decent start, so I am a little bit disappointed that this year they are not balanced, even though I'm playing on same settings.

20 hours ago, Majkel44 said:

So basically A.I. sucks at them, I play with Dualshock 4 on pc, without any assists, but I use automatic gears. AI difficulty is on 90%, and every race start they are so slow that I can easily go from like P8 to P1 even without using overtake button.

This really makes the game a terrible experience for me and for playing carrer mode, because it doesn't even matter how good or bad I do in qualifying, when I can storm my way to the podium at the start of the race. Does anyone else feel the same, or what?

How far is your car developed I used to think the starts were easy . But over the past season . S2 and now car is 70 percent developed I'm really struggling with race starts at first I was picking up a couple of places of the line every time . Were now I'm at least loosing a couple of places of the line every time . . When done a race Monza I kept on dropping from 2nd to 10th by first cornet . Must of done that start at least 30 attempts at it changing car set up to thing different things . And nothing improved it . I play on medium TC and auto gears and abs . It seems to me the more you develop the harder the starts . Where on theory of should be other round . All I know is o didn't get. **** at the starts over night 

Yes Race Starts are very easy if you use Assists ... I use assists also : Assisted Start, Automatic Gear and Medium Brake, TC (Traction Control) is OFF. But for me Race Starts are also very easy, i think it is because of those assists 🙂 So i recommended to you Turn OFF All Assists just for the start and after the start Turn ON assists. 🙂

Edited by SabolcSaghmeist

i think it's better an easy start than a difficult start like in f1 2019..

in that game when you make beautiful starts a.i. always do better than you..it was very frustrating and also always struggling a lot in the rain

thanks codies to fix that problems at the starts and in the rain making f1 2020 best f1 game ever so far

if you think starts are too easy turn off assisits and increase a.i. difficulty 

6 hours ago, TommyP87 said:

i think it's better an easy start than a difficult start like in f1 2019..

in that game when you make beautiful starts a.i. always do better than you..it was very frustrating and also always struggling a lot in the rain

thanks codies to fix that problems at the starts and in the rain making f1 2020 best f1 game ever so far

if you think starts are too easy turn off assisits and increase a.i. difficulty 

Yeah I understand your point, but I would prefer that they are just balanced, not too easy, or too difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 5:35 PM, USPBauer24 said:

Increase your difficulty and see of that changes things. Gears are important during the race start so I guess auto gears is helping you - try with manual. 

It’s similar with manual. I have aced every start this year. Last year’s game I was terrible at starts but not anymore. My difficulty is up quite a bit since last year. Playing at 97 now. 

On 12/14/2020 at 3:21 PM, Majkel44 said:

I'm having opposite affect . First 2 season starts were ok . Was picking up a couple of places off the line . But started 3rd season and it's the opposite I'm loosing a couple of places off the line . And it's not like I've forgetting how to get off the line over night . Half way threw the season 16 races and I haven't picked up a place yet of the line . In Monza I was going from 2nd to 10th before first corner I most of done at least 30 starts there trying different settings and it was the same every time . I play on medium TC and auto gears . How far developed is your car 

5 hours ago, PaulLynch said:

I'm having opposite affect . First 2 season starts were ok . Was picking up a couple of places off the line . But started 3rd season and it's the opposite I'm loosing a couple of places off the line . And it's not like I've forgetting how to get off the line over night . Half way threw the season 16 races and I haven't picked up a place yet of the line . In Monza I was going from 2nd to 10th before first corner I most of done at least 30 starts there trying different settings and it was the same every time . I play on medium TC and auto gears . How far developed is your car 

Try short shifting to second gear as soon as reasonably possible, that should reduce wheel spin. Although I play with TC off so have no experience on it on medium.