DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Fanatec Handbrake on PS4 - not detecting in Dirt Rally (VR)

Hi everyone,
IMG_03EA39C70B1C-1.thumb.jpeg.76f8f1c5f1f3e283d25e3b2efbd7f749.jpeg
Just got a whole new fanatec kit (Wheel, elite base, elite pedals with LC kit) on black friday and that was working fine so decided to add on the handbrake as read it was compatible. I updated the firmware on my fanatec base and wheel using their PC software, so the handbrake shows input in it's properties page on the PC.

However I can't get Dirt rally to detect it on my ps4. Am I doing something wrong? I've made the preset the Fanatec wheel. No input is coming through when i go to advanced wheel setting either. Sorry if i'm missing something! Also I've plugged the handbrake directly into the wheel base.

IMG_9191.jpg

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. - No error code has come up it's just not detecting the handbrake in the dirt rally game. However the input is being received by the fanatec system as I talked to fanatec who got me to install drivers and software on a PC then test my hardware, then update my hardware with the latest firmware. 
  • Platform - PS4
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)  V1.100
  • Game-mode? - single player career regular mode but intend to use in VR.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again? Yes problem is continuous
  • How do you make the problem happen? problem is continuous, can't get it to detect the handbrake in the game
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. - Talked to fanatec and updated the firmware drivers to the latest and tested the input using their software
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) Fanatec elite + ps4 wheel base, fanatec elite pedals with load cell brake kit, fanatec Porsche 918 wheel, Fanatec ClubSport v1.5 handbrake
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue app yes have put screenshots above

Edited by Trossy
used template questions and put in more data about the issue