Jump to content Jump to content

Upgrading cars through league events

Benniz

Hi!

I just started playing some leagues last week, and I see that my cars upgrade themselves the more kilometers I drive. However, the upgrades don't seem to install themselves, even though one of the league events I have driven has finished. Do you have to wait until the whole league is finished before the car is upgraded?

Benjamin
I noticed that upgrade progress is made during online events too (when using cars I own, obvs), but even when I unlocked a new upgrade, it wouldn't install until after I'd played and finished a championship event.

Not sure if that's intended or a bug.
You have to finish a complete event in order for your upgrades to be installed (because logically, thats when your engineers have the time to completely strip the car and install and adjust the new upgrades), You progress your upgrades with all owner's daily / weekly challenges which uses cars you bought from your earned money, it will upgrade everytime to do an event that earns cash, so dailies, leagues, championships, etc.
  • 1 month later...
Spokster said:
You have to finish a complete event in order for your upgrades to be installed (because logically, thats when your engineers have the time to completely strip the car and install and adjust the new upgrades), You progress your upgrades with all owner's daily / weekly challenges which uses cars you bought from your earned money, it will upgrade everytime to do an event that earns cash, so dailies, leagues, championships, etc.
Just revisiting this since it came up again for me: I'm in the middle of a championship right now, but I'm in between events—finished the second event but haven't started the third event. So last night I used the same car in the weekly event, which completed the progress for an upgrade. But it didn't install when the weekly event finished.

I know it will install when I finish the next event in the championship, but it seems to me that an event should be an event, in terms of when upgrades are installed. So once any and all of your in-progress events (championship, weekly, monthly, etc) that the car in question is currently being used in are completed, the upgrade(s) is/are installed.

Archived