Sign in to follow this  

Corner cutting penalties

Hi all

been watching lots of videos and a common complaint is about the corner cutting penalty.  Anyone know whether this is confirmed for final release, and if so is it going to be optional online?

thanks

Ric

given it's in the preview build which the vids are based on I would think they would be. I think once people are up to speed with the handling of the game though I doubt it'll be quite so much of a problem. Things will get tweaked a bit right up until they're ready to release I'm sure so anything can happen.

ther emay well be I don't know but then I don't play online really only the single player modes but it certainly looks great from the sp perspective as it looks like it's got quite a lengthy career mode if you take into account all the disciplines

I hope it's an option for custom lobbies but that it's mandatory for official playlists.

The last thing we need is everybody doing a Spa or an Istanbul Reverse, because I'm pretty sure that tracks like Yas Marina and Algarve will have massive shortcuts if people are allowed to drive whenever they want. :I

The penalty is confirmed but @Loore (I think) has said elsewhere it’s now more forgiving than in the preview builds — all four wheels have to be outside the track limit (which is obviously good), and you’ll only lose the time you gained (which is the part I remain highly dubious about).

Don’t recall if he mentioned being able to disable it in online, though.