Jump to content Jump to content

Upgrading to ps5

I don't know if there already is a topic about it, but will we be able to upgrade our ps4 f1 2020 game to the ps5? 

E.g. I have the disc version of f1 2020 on ps4, but I will get the digital ps5 version (so without disc input). Will I then be able to get a free upgrade like you get with games like fifa 21? Or do I have to buy the whole game again?

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Olavstar said:

I know there is no ps5 version, but I bought the game for ps4 on disc, but I'm getting the digital ps5, why do I need to buy the game again when its not even specifically made for the ps5? With other games you can just download a digital version. @BarryBL can you comment on this?

Hi @Olavstar

The issue here will be the lack of disc drive. If you have the PS5 with the disc drive, you would be able to play the game normally as you would on the PS4. This would also work if you had purchased the digital version of the game (like I did on the Series S). Without anything to process your F1 2020 disc, it wouldn't work. This would be the case with all games here, as the PS5 version is simply backwards compatible, not a upgrade. 

• Agree 1
15 hours ago, Olavstar said:

I know there is no ps5 version, but I bought the game for ps4 on disc, but I'm getting the digital ps5, why do I need to buy the game again when its not even specifically made for the ps5? With other games you can just download a digital version. @BarryBL can you comment on this?

what do you expect man? that they organize that much backoffice employees to figure out if someone had once a ps4 disc version who can get a key to download the digital version? just spend not even 100 bugs more to get a proper ps5 with the disc option....man some people really think just in their own 4 walls.....I saw I have 3 ps4 games left which I play very often, F1 is one of them, so I bought the PS5 disc version, because I have PS4 DISCS....not that hard to get this point right?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

what do you expect man? that they organize that much backoffice employees to figure out if someone had once a ps4 disc version who can get a key to download the digital version? just spend not even 100 bugs more to get a proper ps5 with the disc option....man some people really think just in their own 4 walls.....I saw I have 3 ps4 games left which I play very often, F1 is one of them, so I bought the PS5 disc version, because I have PS4 DISCS....not that hard to get this point right?

You my friend have some serious issues, I just ask a question and you just randomly insult me for that, there is no reason to be mad for a question. Not everyone is a rich person like you, for whom €100 doesn't sound that much, to me it is. Every game is purchasable online so I don't see the point in spending €100 more on a console when I can spend that on 2 new games or so. 

I strongly suggest you get some help, talk about your feelings with someone you absolute negative, hating moron.

Have a nice day, hope I never meet people like you in my life. 👋

Edited by Olavstar
6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Olavstar

The issue here will be the lack of disc drive. If you have the PS5 with the disc drive, you would be able to play the game normally as you would on the PS4. This would also work if you had purchased the digital version of the game (like I did on the Series S). Without anything to process your F1 2020 disc, it wouldn't work. This would be the case with all games here, as the PS5 version is simply backwards compatible, not a upgrade. 

I get it, is it possible to buy the game on ps5 (digital), if so, will all my progress be saved? E.g. the myteam progress?

42 minutes ago, Olavstar said:

I get it, is it possible to buy the game on ps5 (digital), if so, will all my progress be saved? E.g. the myteam progress?

Save data is all transferable. 

If you transfer your PS4 data to a PS5 and buy a digital copy of the game, it’ll remember all your settings and game save files etc.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DJNicks87 said:

Save data is all transferable. 

If you transfer your PS4 data to a PS5 and buy a digital copy of the game, it’ll remember all your settings and game save files etc.

Nice, thanks, so the game is available in the ps5 store? 

2 hours ago, Olavstar said:

Nice, thanks, so the game is available in the ps5 store? 

Yes.

It’s the PS4 version of the game but is playable on PS5 owing to backwards compatibility. It does benefit from some graphical and frame rate improvements on the PS5, as well as improved loading times.

18 hours ago, DJNicks87 said:

Yes.

It’s the PS4 version of the game but is playable on PS5 owing to backwards compatibility. It does benefit from some graphical and frame rate improvements on the PS5, as well as improved loading times.

Thanks for the help mate!

On 12/19/2020 at 3:56 PM, DJNicks87 said:

Yes.

The constant frame rate does the biggest difference and justifies the amazing upgrade beetween them.. of course loading times are a great step ahead too

• Agree 1