Aggressive backmarkers?!?!

Hi all,

interested to know if anyone else has come across this; I’ve found on a number of occasions when I’m coming to the pit exit (on the track) and some back markers are coming out of the pits just ahead of me, that they are overly aggressive once the are on track (even on straights) and do not let me past.

The blue “approaching backmarkers” pop up does also not appear - I guess I’m assuming they should let me past?

I play 100% races in a Mercedes which is why this is a frequent source of frustration for me!

Any thoughts appreciated!

Edited by Monzie83

The AI are the very best to race wheel to wheel, BUT their weakness..? The dreaded back markers, dithering and brake testing on fast corners.. No understanding of the pit exit area.. 😂 All this is standard. Its something that can't be avoided either, say if you are the one exiting the pit and therefore unable to move over and the lane goes right onto the racing line like France, you are basically screwed unless you can brake in time and passively just let the AI take priority to save a crash. Its a rarity but its something that may not get fixed if EA take over the running of the game in a rebuild.

Though I've never had the blue flag not appearing issue, I use PS4, if its a more regular thing for you then likely you found a bug. So report using the form, hopefully they can sort it out for you.

• Thanks 1

This is one of the issues that can really ruin a race. Especially if your lower down the grid and get lucky with a safety car, back markers just act like they are racing you. A real shame. 

• Like 1

What I do not understand though, that on their outlap during practice they pull over and let you pass. Why not apply this very same behaviour when they are being lapped / shown blue flags? Cant be that hard, really @BarryBL ?

Edited by Schneehase
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, Monzie83 said:

Hi all,

interested to know if anyone else has come across this; I’ve found on a number of occasions when I’m coming to the pit exit (on the track) and some back markers are coming out of the pits just ahead of me, that they are overly aggressive once the are on track (even on straights) and do not let me past.

The blue “approaching backmarkers” pop up does also not appear - I guess I’m assuming they should let me past?

I play 100% races in a Mercedes which is why this is a frequent source of frustration for me!

Any thoughts appreciated!

Do you play on a difficulty setting way too low for your ability as well? 😂

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:30 AM, Schneehase said:

What I do not understand though, that on their outlap during practice they pull over and let you pass. Why not apply this very same behaviour when they are being lapped / shown blue flags? Cant be that hard, really @BarryBL ?

I'm pretty sure they do this, or at least used to do this. It also isn't that helpful. They tend to move very late and brake check you resulting in you crashing into them because they suddenly move into your path when you try to overtake them. So far I haven't had the issue that they don't move aside. The last few races I managed to lap maybe one williams and usually on straights and other areas that are easy to overtake in.

But I think this issue might be a problem with the nature of the pit exit. Maybe it's programmed as a different entity (likely, considering you have to stay within the lane) which causes some issues with triggering the blue flags.