Jump to content Jump to content

Add VR Support for F1 2021 Game

LittleBigApple

Add VR Support for F1 2021 Game  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have VR support for F1 2021 Game?

• Yes
    • No

HI! 
whereas there appear more and more affordable devices in the market It would be great to have VR support for F1 game.

I tried to play DIRT Rally 2 and that experience was amazing. As far as I know both F1 2020 and DIRT Rally 2.0 share the same EGO engine so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Please consider 🙂

• 1 month later...

I can only second this, I've been using a VR headset for 1.5 years now and the immersion is incredible in racing games. I completely understand that VR is a niche in a small market in terms of racing games, but I think it could be a good marketing point for the series, just to have that option in the future even for non-VR users.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Balage06 said:

The first thing came to my mind after watching this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGNJK0ydFo 

Just imagine if you could recreate this virtually.:classic_ohmy: I wonder why no VR manufacturer sees the marketing opportunity in this, F1 has a huge fanbase and virtual racing is one of the best application areas for virtual reality.

That video just shows the reason why they don't bother putting VR in F1 , That exact view (minus all the heavy duty shaking around )is already available in the game and has been for several years now it being cockpit cam with 15 degree look to Apex selected ,I should know I drive using it several hours every day  , you already can have movement of your head to a large degree if you know how to do it ,  I use it on PS4 and I assume that it is possible on all other platforms, The only reason you need VR is to check your mirrors (which is already possible in the game in two ways right now)  in the current type of F1 car because of the outward positioning of the mirrors , If you drive F2/ classic cars you can see your mirrors so its irrelevant

You can also exploit the FOV settings to produce a more realistic looking view from the **** pit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, Exasperated said:

That video just shows the reason why they don't bother putting VR in F1 , That exact view (minus all the heavy duty shaking around )is already available in the game and has been for several years now it being cockpit cam with 15 degree look to Apex selected ,I should know I drive using it several hours every day  , you already can have movement of your head to a large degree if you know how to do it ,  I use it on PS4 and I assume that it is possible on all other platforms, The only reason you need VR is to check your mirrors (which is already possible in the game in two ways right now)  in the current type of F1 car because of the outward positioning of the mirrors , If you drive F2/ classic cars you can see your mirrors so its irrelevant

You can also exploit the FOV settings to produce a more realistic looking view from the **** pit.

Did you already play a racing game in VR ? Cockpit cam is nothing in term of simulation compared to it.

1 hour ago, Kyusai said:

Did you already play a racing game in VR ? Cockpit cam is nothing in term of simulation compared to it.

Yes I have Dirt Rally PSVR .I understand why people want VR , I want the game to have VR ; and everything that would help to make driving in the game to feel like driving a real car. The reason why I made that statement is because I have in mind the work that the developers/ programmers have to do to produce a game that makes money in a way that they choose .based on their  knowledge of the market and the end user The game is not supported sales wise purely by hard core sim racers , I imagine that the game is mainly bought by people who drive using a controller and that they use T- Cam to drive the car , not even cockpit cam is what users prefer so VR isn't a thing that is on their wish list this is because they find it far too difficult to drive in the cockpit, If you watch videos on you tube of actual F1 drivers wearing glasses cam so that you see their view while doing a lap they are not moving their head about looking at their knees or looking upward or sideways at the side of the cockpit , as their focus is where it needs to be and that is looking to their next braking zone or a car in front of them to avoid contact and they glance at their mirrors but in reality they move their eyes to do that more than their head which only needs to turn through a few degrees of rotation as can be seen in real life videos and in game  cockpit cam view which gives a max of 15 degrees look to apex in the game which is more than enough to drive with.  Is VR good to have as an option to use and does it make the game better yes absolutely it does ( To some one who cares about that) If you are the person who makes a game that needs to cater to the largest buyer base that unfortunately doesn't have a majority of users that can afford a VR setup or craves that as part of their game play requirements , well ........

I you want to find out what people want to have in game go check out 'My Team , post your car' .....that is why you have no VR support in game as this is what the priority is in the work schedule for the programmers. There are only so many hours in a working year.

If you don't want VR, that's fine, but why is it always necessary for non-VR fans to come into these posts and fight against people that ARE expressing interest in VR.

You can deny it all you want, but EVERY decent racing sim/game today (AMS, AMS2, rF2, AC, ACC, PC2) now has VR, and as this is the OFFICIAL F1 sim/game, it seems pretty sad (and lazy) if the devs are not considering a way of including a VR mode.

46 minutes ago, Morsify said:

If you don't want VR, that's fine, but why is it always necessary for non-VR fans to come into these posts and fight against people that ARE expressing interest in VR.

You can deny it all you want, but EVERY decent racing sim/game today (AMS, AMS2, rF2, AC, ACC, PC2) now has VR, and as this is the OFFICIAL F1 sim/game, it seems pretty sad (and lazy) if the devs are not considering a way of including a VR mode.

If that is aimed at me then I think you need to read what I have said again a few times. I talked about the reasons  why it isn't in the game at the moment not that I did not want it in the game , If Codemasters are going to put VR in the game they will put it in , you don't seriously think that I am so important that what I say would have any affect on what they choose to put in the games , are you seriously suggesting that they don't know what their customers want.

I am sure that VR will be put in the game when they have finished work on their priority stuff that adds playability to the game side of things and when that's sorted then hopefully they will concentrate on the simulation side of things for a while.

If I was running the show you already would have VR and everything in the game would be hard core simulation and there would be no gaming element to it at all. There would be no assists etc , so you got me wrong on what I want the development to be.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I was just being a bit defensive as I see so many posts of people attacking as soon as they see someone asking for VR.

But as for Codemasters, I have several of their F1 games, and yes, I do think they have a tried and tested formula which they know will make them money. But it's a lazy formula. Every year we see trackside signs or other assets that have been forgotten and left over from the previous year, not to mention terrible bugs that are carried over.

I really enjoy the F1 games, and the more recent ones have certainly improved, but I stand by what I said - many race sim enthusiasts are using VR to get the most immersive sim experience and most of the other sims recognise this. It's sad that the official F1 sim ignores it. It's not a question of 'do they know what the customer wants?'. It's more 'How much do they care?' and I believe they care enough to make sure that they fill their coffers for the year, but not enough to  go the extra mile for a state of the art element such as VR.

Unfortunately for me, I don't class as 'priority', the silly dance routines on the podium, or the various alternative liveries and racesuits. I'd rather give up the flashy racesuit & have a smooth, in-cockpit VR experience. In fact, I'd pay for a VR DLC plugin LOL but never for any of that other junk.  But that's just my personal opinion.

2 hours ago, Morsify said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I was just being a bit defensive as I see so many posts of people attacking as soon as they see someone asking for VR.

But as for Codemasters, I have several of their F1 games, and yes, I do think they have a tried and tested formula which they know will make them money. But it's a lazy formula. Every year we see trackside signs or other assets that have been forgotten and left over from the previous year, not to mention terrible bugs that are carried over.

I really enjoy the F1 games, and the more recent ones have certainly improved, but I stand by what I said - many race sim enthusiasts are using VR to get the most immersive sim experience and most of the other sims recognise this. It's sad that the official F1 sim ignores it. It's not a question of 'do they know what the customer wants?'. It's more 'How much do they care?' and I believe they care enough to make sure that they fill their coffers for the year, but not enough to  go the extra mile for a state of the art element such as VR.

Unfortunately for me, I don't class as 'priority', the silly dance routines on the podium, or the various alternative liveries and racesuits. I'd rather give up the flashy racesuit & have a smooth, in-cockpit VR experience. In fact, I'd pay for a VR DLC plugin LOL but never for any of that other junk.  But that's just my personal opinion.

Yes I agree with you we are on the same page, I don't like the add on Kiddie  winky stuff but that's proven stuff in the gaming markets and it is ruining driving games that are a completely different market , the kids already have their nonsense games like Need For Nonsense and Forza Pimp my ride Bro , but like any virus it spreads and destroys  and as we have seen with the demise of Project Cars and the latest version 'Now that's not what I call Project Cars 3' that  succumbed to it needs to be controlled before all is lost.

The answer to this  I think lies in your last sentence , The developers could produce add on simulation aspects to the game like VR and make it DLC . If they did some research first and got the numbers of people who wanted the content and then they could have an idea of price that they needed to charge for the said content then put it back to the sim racing community and ask them if they were willing to put the money upfront as pre order then perhaps they could at least feel that it would be worthwhile. The trouble with sim racers these days is that they are ultra demanding and are very quick to slags off things  which obviously can kill off a game sales wise ;  which is what I think happened to P Cars because the FFB had a lot of issues and of course with a driving game that is the Foundations of the building , It must have hurt badly after the team who made it had  busted their asses trying to make the best available sim on the market only to find people dismiss it so quickly and hence why the next version was given to the kids , probably as payback to the sim racers that complained and put out less than complimentary reviews in some cases  who were all waiting for the new improved version only to receive the shaft.

You need to get yourself a bus with ' GET VR DONE'  emblazoned across the side , If it worked for 'The greased Piglet' then it might be worth a try.

You could start a campaign to make it illegal for parents to give children money and stop the ' Kids 'driving game virus spreading..

Good luck. Regards.

Edit: Just for the Record I think PC 2 is an absolutely excellent game and play regularly and much prefer it to AC ,  ON a console.

It did take a very long time to find a FFB setting that worked properly though but well worth the wait.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ClassicGamerNL said:

I think I would even pay 200+ euro for a DLC that would offers a full Formula 1 2021 VR experience for HTC Vive or Oculus. But the keep ignoring the VR sim racers. 😭

Hey, don't forget about the Reverb G2 / WMR support ! Not just Vive OR Oculus, why exclude other headsets?? They already made that mistake with Dirt Rally 2, now please not again !

Archived