Sign in to follow this  

Colin McRae Rally

Hey folks!

I was reminiscing the other day and took out this relix and started re-living some childhood memories! 

I was really bad at this game when I was younger (still am) but I loved it and I am still loving it! 
Remake anyone? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY3S7DoMW_4

Great fun indeed, but I’m not sure there’s really much point in a remake while they’re still making Dirt games. I know they’re different, but they’re not *that* different.

Just out of interest have any of you guys played the version we did for iOS and Android?

What did you think?

@justbiglee I sadly haven't but if I clear some space up on my phone I'll download it and let you know.

Ben is away at E3 right?

@justbiglee Sent him an email regarding the test day back in November, I'll wait until he is back though, it wasn't anything urgent.
Unless you know or can help with any queries from it?

evanzo7 said:
@justbiglee Sent him an email regarding the test day back in November, I'll wait until he is back though, it wasn't anything urgent.
Unless you know or can help with any queries from it?
Probably best waiting for Ben tbh I'd probably only have to ask him anyway. He'll get back to you as soon as he can, I've not even spoken to him today so I doubt he even has a net connection to check his emails

@justbiglee That is sound man, like I said, nothing urgent or overly important! :)

Just out of interest have any of you guys played the version we did for iOS and Android?

What did you think?
Windows Phone guy here, so haven't been able to :(

I play it on my iPad from time to time.  I like it, tilting the tablet like a wheel works pretty well.  I would buy others if they are released.  

With all due respect, you suck at playing this game OP

hola said:
That was a little uncalled for don't you think? Can't we all just get along
:D

hola said:
Mate that was harsh but I agree! This was my first time playing it from when I got it, no practise at all.
Going from the graphics and physics of these days to that was different.

This game was meant to be played with the bonnet cam + digital direction keys.

Try It and you'll see how fast you can get in this game, specially on asphalt

hola said:
This game was meant to be played with the bonnet cam + digital direction keys.

Try It and you'll see how fast you can get in this game, specially on asphalt
I've done 2 other videos that are not yet uploaded but I plan on doing that for actual stages! 

Here is the 1st of the 2 other videos I mentioned! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqlGOoUS7IA

What did you think?

Its good. To be honest after playing through it, it is faultlass apart frlm the car selection. The ammount is sad. 7 or 6 would be great! and after the stages have a large ammount of times from other drivers, about 12 or 16? So it looks just like CMR 1 leaderboard.

evanzo7 said:
Here is the 1st of the 2 other videos I mentioned! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqlGOoUS7IA

Colin mc Rae 1 is one of the best racing i ahve ever played.. i remember i was searching so desparately a good rally game in ps1 as sega rally was only in sega saturn and coin up... plz codies make your next dirt game closer to old colin mc rae rallys and not gimkana , mini xgames style , we need pure rally experience with semi-sim handling - physics... 

Great to see they have released this on steam!

I am still playing it on the good old playstation though! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUFZNCAzdlE

I'm trying to figure out what kind of medium is in those boxes on the TV. They're too thin to be VHS... is that a DVD player on the bottom of the TV? But then why have the VHS!?

I imagine all rally drivers have to worry about such things.

Britpoint said:

I'm trying to figure out what kind of medium is in those boxes on the TV. They're too thin to be VHS... is that a DVD player on the bottom of the TV? But then why have the VHS!?

I imagine all rally drivers have to worry about such things.

Back then it was quite common to have VHS and DVD because you couldn't easily record to DVD back then. I used to have a VHS to record TV shows and a DVD to watch movies. It could even be LaserDisc or VCD (Video CD's that only held 800mb so the video was so bad, I watched a few on my PC back then but it was terrible, worse than VHS, and it could only do 74 minutes per disc so movies often came on 2 discs).

CMR came out in 1998 which was pretty at the beginning of the DVD's lifespan, and going by that there is 2 covers, I would say it would be VCD. In 1998 DVD Players were very expensive, some of them over $1000. I remembered I waited quite a while to get my first DVD player and even then I kept my VHS for recording and watching TV shows.

This topic is pure nostalgia. Hurts a lot what this series turned into from Dirt2 onwards