Sign in to follow this  

Colin McRae Rally

I think we needed more tracks like Indonesia,  Malesya   (i love the tropical style) or Australia , New Zeland instead of Finland) in Sirt rally ,good location too but in videos looks similar enough to Wales , i did not try yet to have honest opinion though) i hope we get such a track with any upcoming dlc , nice nostalgic videos.. :)

This thread!!

My first job after university was at Codemasters, coding CMR 1, 2 & 3. Things blur into one, but I definitely remember coding up the 3-2-1-GO  :D

I'm going to have to watch all these videos now  :D

@MrJamieLowes I made a full playthrough of the expert championship in CMR2.0 - watching this, you'll have even less time on your hands. ;) You can thank us later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YOMSbfudxA

I remember winning all the Indonesian stages with decent times. The sandy passage was quite distressing. 

@MrJamieLowes I made a full playthrough of the expert championship in CMR2.0
After that I laughed at the "hard" level in other games. 2.0 was a truly great game. Miss the fireball cheat races in arcade mode :D

This thread!!

My first job after university was at Codemasters, coding CMR 1, 2 & 3. Things blur into one, but I definitely remember coding up the 3-2-1-GO  :D

That is awesome man! I loved going back and playing this game, even if I am still pretty bad at it! :blush: 

@MrJamieLowes I made a full playthrough of the expert championship in CMR2.0 - watching this, you'll have even less time on your hands. ;) You can thank us later.

That's my lunch breaks sorted for a while then  :D

Porkie, how do you get CMR2 to run on modern PC?

evanzo7 said:
This thread!!

That is awesome man! I loved going back and playing this game, even if I am still pretty bad at it! :blush: 
Ha, sounds like me playing DiRT Rally. I enjoy it, but I'm not exactly top tier material. I did break through 100 hours on my personal Steam account today though. One thing I would say with modern driving games, is that they have a lot more scope for driving just for enjoyment. I can only imagine what they'll be like in another 17 years  :D

cjl9 said:

Er... I installed it and ran it. It works pretty nicely on Windows 7. There's this unofficial patch for it that lets you run it in proper resolutions as well. It's on these forums somewhere, I just can't remember where...

This thread!!

But but but what about the 5-4-3-2-1-GO of the first game!? I spent all of 5 minutes recreating that in Sony Vegas back in May!

Colin McRae Rally memory on Playstation - Playing two player when I was 14 and it was so tense, down to the wire at the end of Greece that one of my calf muscles cramped up badly. Whole muscle popped out and knotted, so I ended up on the floor.

evanzo7 said:
This thread!!

Ha, sounds like me playing DiRT Rally. I enjoy it, but I'm not exactly top tier material. I did break through 100 hours on my personal Steam account today though. One thing I would say with modern driving games, is that they have a lot more scope for driving just for enjoyment. I can only imagine what they'll be like in another 17 years  :D
Love the modern ones, not got a PC good enough to run DiRT Rally but played all the way up until 3!

DiRT 2 has to be one of my favorites, now that was a game I was good at, safe to say I was confident in my ability haha! I am missing rally games though, would love another one to come out on console soon, preferably DiRT Rally! 

wow video is very smooth?/ where does this game run?? pc or ps1? i saw network option ?? was there online mode that tim?? i did not remember it i had the game in ps1 but i did not even know what is the online that time..

cjl9 said:

Er... I installed it and ran it. It works pretty nicely on Windows 7. There's this unofficial patch for it that lets you run it in proper resolutions as well. It's on these forums somewhere, I just can't remember where...

Thanks! I'll dig that out.

cjl9 said:
It was in this post here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/15755/colin-mcrae-rally-2-0-patching-the-game-for-modern-standards

wow video is very smooth?/ where does this game run?? pc or ps1? i saw network option ?? was there online mode that tim?? i did not remember it i had the game in ps1 but i did not even know what is the online that time..
Mine was a PS1 game run on the PS3! :)

Those stages would be awesome in a V2 physics Focus!! B)  

The jumps and crests seem bang on what I wish Finland to be like, pick your lines and keep it flat!!! 

@evanzo7 Sorry for hijacking your thread dude. People keep quoting my post. :( It wasn't my intention.
Don't be silly mate, its awesome to see other peoples ones from not only the original but other games in the series! 
Even I had a look at some of your videos! :)