Jump to content Jump to content

Ferrari 458 Spider Wheel (thrust master) compatibility issue - Best wheel to use with xbox1?

Schoel

Is anyone using the Thrustmaster 458 Spider successfully with F1 2015? My wheel response is awful (very delayed) and makes the game unplayable on my xbox 1 unit....Has anyone had any success with this wheel or is there another wheel that is better?
Also using the Spider and enjoying the game so far. I did feel the response was a little twitchy initially (a little like I was using a controller) but I changed a few of the default settings and it is fine now. Probably still going to tweak it a little more to get it exactly how I like but no major problems for me with it.
Had another run out with the game last night and am now not so sure things are right with it in relation to the steering (at least for me). Played around with the linearity and saturation but can't get it to feel how I want. It's still too twitchy when moving off centre. It's difficult to achieve the accuracy and smoothness I like especially when it happens approaching a corner, a slight turn and the wheel makes too sudden a movement and makes hitting the apexes quite difficult. Moving the linearity away from about 1 or 2 makes the twitchiness worse. Hoping I can dial it out with saturation so will play with this more the enxt time I am on.

It feels a little like I am driving with a controller at those points where I am having problems.
Changed the linearity setting to 50 and saturation to 30 and this gives me just about the feel that I like. I may still play around a bit to see what further changes do but I will be more than happy with them as they are. I can really start to enjoyt the game now.

It seems that the degree of rotation in the game is set at 360 while our wheel has a DoR of 240 so the default linearity of 0 is a bit off kilter to give me the neutral feeling I was looking for.

Archived