Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | 1.15 PATCH NOW LIVE Read more... ×

Qualifying Pace Program

Should you please look at the Qualifying Pace Program (QPP)? It is always way to dificult. In my team or Player Career I amost always get a time under the expectations, so a red time. While in the qualifyings I always qualify much better than the expectations of my team while looking at my QPP time. This is not an issue that is with me, I just always use the standard set up, or the highest possible fuel mode. This is not fun anymore because potentialy I always lose a lot of resource points because of this. Or is this problem only with me? What do I do wrong?

Also an other thing. The practice times of the AI is always very bad in practice in comparison with the qualifyings. With the time I set with the QPP (which was red) I ended up in first position with my 'my team' car who is second worst of the grid. And yes the other drivers also used the same tyres as I did. So it's rediculous that my QPP time was not good enough to get some resource points of it. This was in practice 2, but in qualifying I always end up around 18th.

EDIT: Sorry I found the issue of the bad practice times of the AI, but the problem with the QPP is still there. I just bought a racing wheel and first learned to drive with it, but already did practice session 1 with the controller and than I used a set up, but I didn't know it was auto taken to practice session 2. But this actually lets us see more obvious that there is a problem with the QPP. Because even with the set up I got a red QPP time but in stead I had the fastest lap in the practice session with a car like Williams (in the first season in Azerbaijan).

Edited by F1DriverBelgium

Not only ur problem. When I was running practice session on my own I also had it all the time. Have no idea how they measure the time cause AI skill level seems irrelevant to it. I rarely green on it while I am constantly qualify in front of the grid in my RB car. When I was in Alfa 1st season I was fighting for Q2 cause I am playing on high AI level to make it realistic but even with perfect lap I couldn't be as fast as it want. Now I am usually sim practice session but when I done one I always skip Quali Sim. 

• Like 1

Alright, nice to hear that I'm not the only one, hopefully codemasters will read and fix it, because this is rediculous. Yea me too I play on level 95 with a race wheel I'm just getting used to and in the career modes I race with no set ups to make it more realistic that it's all fair. I hope I still can improve and upgrade the AI a bit.

Hi there,
in my experience I also found a bit weird how to measure AI performance in practice, I mean, I do not understand if or when they attempt a QPP.

Usually I run P1 and P2 (time 100%) to find/improve my race pace, so I do not run QPP, and the comparison with AI is quite good all in all (similar to race pace).
While in P3 I run QPP and, with the same AI level, I'm always much faster. To let you understand, if I'm 10th-15th in P1-P2 I can be even 1st-3rd in P3 with the same AI. In other words it looks like the AI doesn't try QPP at all!

Then in race I find back the AI level of P1/P2 more or less.

Not a big problem, just to share my thoughts...

Regards,
Nuv

On 12/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, Nuvolarix said:

Hi there,
in my experience I also found a bit weird how to measure AI performance in practice, I mean, I do not understand if or when they attempt a QPP.

Usually I run P1 and P2 (time 100%) to find/improve my race pace, so I do not run QPP, and the comparison with AI is quite good all in all (similar to race pace).
While in P3 I run QPP and, with the same AI level, I'm always much faster. To let you understand, if I'm 10th-15th in P1-P2 I can be even 1st-3rd in P3 with the same AI. In other words it looks like the AI doesn't try QPP at all!

Then in race I find back the AI level of P1/P2 more or less.

Not a big problem, just to share my thoughts...

Regards,
Nuv

Yes I know what you mean. But maybe you need to read once the text that shows when you are pointing at the QPP button. I think it says that it uses the max fuel option (so probably 3 and not 4) and always uses the ERS the whole time. So probably that's why you are faster. But as you say it still makes no sense because why don't the CPU doesn't use it? Maybe they just never do I have no idea, but thx to mention. I hope Codemasters will all read this and make an update.

• Agree 1

The fastest times of the weekend in a real Grand Prix is in Qualifying, as in the game. What is it you want? AI unrealistically doing Quali style times in Practice 1 so that you know what time you have to get for Qualifying? Also, during your Qualifying Pace Programme you run with rich fuel mix at most, in Qualifying you run using max, which does lead to a big difference in times.

• Disagree 1

On 12/24/2020 at 11:14 PM, Y2Kev said:

The fastest times of the weekend in a real Grand Prix is in Qualifying, as in the game. What is it you want? AI unrealistically doing Quali style times in Practice 1 so that you know what time you have to get for Qualifying? Also, during your Qualifying Pace Programme you run with rich fuel mix at most, in Qualifying you run using max, which does lead to a big difference in times.

I know that the times in practice are slower and they don't have to be as fast as the qualifyings, that's is not the problem. It's the QPP. And yes it does make a big difference. If you don't know this than you don't play it much. The difference between fuel most and fuel max can make around a half second or even a second faster, which is a very big difference. But still that isn't the problem. I'm talking about the QPP dude. There I can't even get qualifying time of place 20, but in the qualifyings I get around a 16th place. So that doesn't make sence! It's almost impossible to complete the QPP. If you haven't noticed this than just leave man and don't argue.

On 12/27/2020 at 2:09 PM, F1DriverBelgium said:

I know that the times in practice are slower and they don't have to be as fast as the qualifyings, that's is not the problem. It's the QPP. And yes it does make a big difference. If you don't know this than you don't play it much. The difference between fuel most and fuel max can make around a half second or even a second faster, which is a very big difference. But still that isn't the problem. I'm talking about the QPP dude. There I can't even get qualifying time of place 20, but in the qualifyings I get around a 16th place. So that doesn't make sence! It's almost impossible to complete the QPP. If you haven't noticed this than just leave man and don't argue.

So you’re asking people to agree and commiserate with you rather than discuss it? Why put it on a discussion board then?

What you could do is either put the difficulty down in the practice session you are doing the QPP or practice and get better at the game.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:28 PM, F1DriverBelgium said:

always uses the ERS the whole time.

You can change this around the lap. Most tracks you have to do this in order to make it through the whole lap with some ERS.

Dude @Y2Kev it really looks like you don't know the game. When in QPP you can't change manage your ERS dude so don't argue if you don't know anything about it, that's all I'm saying. I am only talking about the QPP. Of course you can manage your ERS in practice sessions, but not while doing QPP. And In btw in real life the top 10 drivers in practice mostly looks like the top 10 in qualifying with some little changes, but in the game in can happen that you end up in the top 14 when your car is second worst and that is not the problem of the difficulty because it's while qualifying you drop back again to around 18th-20th place. And no I'm not asking too agree, but you just don't get it. Again we are talking about the QPP that is incorrect difficult and  about the differences between the practice standings and the qualifying standings which are sometimes way too different which isn't in real life.

And also I haven't placed this in a discussion board, this is ment for codemasters to check this and as you can see I placed this in 'technical assistance' -> 'Gameplay Issues and Bugs TA' and not in a general discussion or something.

And changing the difficulty in practice sessions is not the smart thing to do because you can't practice for the race and don't know if you are performing well to prepare for the race and then you earn resource points too easy, which is stupid. 

You are always answering like you didn't read the messages or just half of it. READ first and of course you may answer in here like the other guys but than say something that makes sense or try to help dude.

Edited by F1DriverBelgium