F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

improve the damage

Back in the Days of Microprose GP series or Ubisoft F1RS, where this can happend with full damage setting. Also Noses Fly away or the chassis split up like (on 2 wheels down the road without a motor)

321835880_rearwingcrashnew.thumb.jpg.300caee3134ed2d33d56a48392bf5340.jpg

After Years in Codemasters F1, Rear damage doesn´t exist. Why?

Set ingame Damage to Realism, the Rear Wing stays on Top, impressive!

Also the Unbalanced Damage Model between Player Cars (just a simply Airblow Rips my wing) vs KI Cars (This is all you got. C´mon, hit me harder).

And Grand Prix added in his Prime a option where you can choose which failures appears like lose oil, water, electrical problems etc.

Maybe this in a F1 game, with a slider to adjust the rate how often that occurs together with the every team reliability, researched parts and all that.

• Agree 3

On 12/21/2020 at 12:45 PM, WigglyStyle said:

Floor damage and slow punctures would be fantastic!

Yep. slow puncture especially when a wing touches a tire or riding to hard on.

Floor Damage when riding to hard over curbs, ride on the green or overuse the track limit. Unfortunately, the game exists in such a way that you can use the extreme width of a track to a certain extent, since some physics of the tracks does not really correspond to the real life. Look at vids on a similar track, compare a lap & driving line from an F1 driver with a f1 pro-gamer. Really, when you use the driving-line in a real race like Players do in F1 Game, you wrecked up your car, slips sometimes of the track and would never get points or end a Race in 10 years.

All the realistic damage that also causes random accidents we needed.

Edited by teddygotagun

stuff like damage to the floor and possible sidepod damage would be neat. especially to the floor, cus then it would deter exploiting track limits to find an advantage, such as kerb riding and going over the sausage kerbs. Would be neat if suspension could be damaged too, alongside debris causing bigger problems in terms of punctures. maybe even tyre damage from locking up, there isnt much of a penalty for locking up other then going a bit wide and your tyres are a tiny bit warmer. if a mechanic was brought in to create flat spots then it would be a lot more immersive and detrimental to not lock up

• Agree 1

On 12/19/2020 at 6:22 PM, teddygotagun said:

Back in the Days of Microprose GP series or Ubisoft F1RS, where this can happend with full damage setting. Also Noses Fly away or the chassis split up like (on 2 wheels down the road without a motor)

321835880_rearwingcrashnew.thumb.jpg.300caee3134ed2d33d56a48392bf5340.jpg

After Years in Codemasters F1, Rear damage doesn´t exist. Why?

Set ingame Damage to Realism, the Rear Wing stays on Top, impressive!

Also the Unbalanced Damage Model between Player Cars (just a simply Airblow Rips my wing) vs KI Cars (This is all you got. C´mon, hit me harder).

And Grand Prix added in his Prime a option where you can choose which failures appears like lose oil, water, electrical problems etc.

Maybe this in a F1 game, with a slider to adjust the rate how often that occurs together with the every team reliability, researched parts and all that.

I've been wishing for this since the game was released, and seeing it still missing makes me feel uncomfortable. I even stopped playing the game for some time after that, but when F2 2020 came, I decided to go back play it. It is just painful to see the rear wing "invincible".

• Agree 1

But there are 2 sides of rear wing damage - Yes, it would be nice to have realistic situations, but then we need fouls a lot bigger then we have now (if you was hit by opponent and have to pit for rear wing change depends on place of incident it will take ~ 60-80sec, and you opponent will have to change front wing (~40-50sec) + 5 (?) sec penalty. Minimum penalty should be 10 sec. stop and go penalty (or 60 sec to final time). In league races (medium level) there are many little pushes, so that would change race dynamic a lot. 

• Agree 1