Forum Championship League | ITALIAN GP 29/01/2021 Read more... ×

Have patches improved ai ?

So with end of year / new year deal likely to hit the ps store soon I was wondering if the patches have improved the ai trains issues. I originally bought the game just after release but found the ai a step back so traded it. And now I'm guessing the game will of had fair few updates has this issue been addressed ?. Recently redownload f1 19 but can't get back on with the old ers system .So if this issue has been improved mite pick it up if it goes on a good price drop over holiday's.  

48 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

So with end of year / new year deal likely to hit the ps store soon I was wondering if the patches have improved the ai trains issues. I originally bought the game just after release but found the ai a step back so traded it. And now I'm guessing the game will of had fair few updates has this issue been addressed ?. Recently redownload f1 19 but can't get back on with the old ers system .So if this issue has been improved mite pick it up if it goes on a good price drop over holiday's.  

Tbh i only notice ai trains at tracks like monaco, hungary or singapore and other than them I rarely notice it and never noticed it much before outside of these tracks. 
and for me ai trains only happen if misfield runners are on an alternate strategy 

• Like 1

Agree with this. Not noticed ‘unrealistic’ trains at all.

I don’t think the AI has changed from the patches tbh, but I definitely think they are a big improvement over previous games from release.

• Like 1

They havent made significant changes (improvements) to the AI in over 5 years, let alone a handful of patches.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 12/20/2020 at 6:37 PM, Naxlr said:

I don t have and i don t see anything wrong with A.I. behauviour.. i think they are too good on this Years game.. Codemasters have done a fantastic job.. i don t understand so many negative comments about this

• Agree 1

On 12/22/2020 at 1:48 AM, creweutah said:

They havent made significant changes (improvements) to the AI in over 5 years, let alone a handful of patches.

This is absolutely not true. The AI have taken a big step forward this year.

And this on top of the fact that they were already easily best in any racing game i’ve played on PS4.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

To race they are the best they've ever been and the best in any racing game I've played.

However, I do think the AI when racing each other can be improved, most notably when they do 3 stop strategies they need to be better at passing 2 stoppers as well as not have their pace drop off to 2 stop pace after just a couple of laps. That and having them make mistakes more often. Not the wheelspin slides, they are fine, but proper full spins or even race ending errors especially in dry to wet or full wet conditions.

Edited by Liaveil
  • Agree 1

They're loads better it's just the strategies that need sorting, they will do whatever was pre-set and not react to traffic or impending rain. Last race I did was Austria and all of the AI went in for fresh softs laps 20-23 at which point it was already raining, lap 25 they are all in for inters (the softs will do 30 laps & you can one stop with S/M).

In Canada, it started raining, and by lap 15 I pitted for Inters. Lap 16, 18 cars came in for SOFTS and then the next lap they all came in for Inters. AI are still sheep. They all come into the pits like sheep. There is no variety in stops etc. Had another race where the AI all stopped for Inters on lap 20 and then lap 21 they came in again for Inters. Thats probably a bug but still.

• Agree 1