Sign in to follow this  

F1 2013 Wet Weather glitch

To my delight, I got the jump on half the guys in my league last night in a wet race at Malaysia - it soon became apparent why. Only two of us had ignored the game's advice to take 4 sets of wets and just about scraped a 2-stop instead. 

The tyre wear was a bit much to be honest so it probably was a 3-stopper - IF you had 4 sets available. They all got to their final stop and came out with old tyres. 3 wets available is correct of course, but the tyre wear was a bit silly and the game should not suggest 4 sets when only 3 available. Thanks for the points though CM :)

We also had one guy whose car went straight through the jack man in the pits and then got stuck.

....and I know it's probably realistic, but the poor visibility was a bit too much really - in real life, it's 3D and you can pick stuff out but on a flat screen all you see is grey apexes against grey track and grey grass. Cockpit cam in particular is unusable.

PS:- Lag really good this week with a big International field - maybe everyone was watching E3 and not clogging up Sony's gaming servers.

....and I know it's probably realistic, but the poor visibility was a bit too much really - in real life, it's 3D and you can pick stuff out but on a flat screen all you see is grey apexes against grey track and grey grass. Cockpit cam in particular is unusable.

Unusable? HA! you can see plenty through the cockpit cam even in the worst rain on f1 2013, I race for PRL and have always used cockpit cam, not once have I had problems seeing anything in the wet, not making fun of you or anything but maybe try the setting on ur tv? maybe theyre not meant to be so dark or theyre in the wrong settings, idk but i personally have no problems

my problem with the rain is the ai seem to go even faster than when it's dry. Can someone expain that one to me? Just had the ai qual at 1:48.657 at japan in a hard rain. best I could get was a 1:53 and change. Qualified 18th in the first round.

Rancie said:
my problem with the rain is the ai seem to go even faster than when it's dry. Can someone expain that one to me? Just had the ai qual at 1:48.657 at japan in a hard rain. best I could get was a 1:53 and change. Qualified 18th in the first round.
They've tried to make the game fairer this year by having a bit more overlap in the tyres so you don't have to get your pit stops absolutely perfect. The inters however, are a teeny bit too good - hence most people (humans & AI) are only a couple of seconds slower on them. Try a bit lower rear rollbar/springs (for more traction) and be gentler with throttle and lots of practise on full wets. The most important thing when racing in rain is to completely ignore the idiot telling you what to do - he is never right. 

I have to disagree, I was doing a 25% at Germany with 3 laps left and my engineer said to pit from slicks to inters right near the end of the lap and once I changed to inters I basically made my whole pitstop time back against AI cars who stayed on slicks for that extra lap. Then they had to pit on top of that so my 4th/5th place turned into a victory.

I've had similar experiences before as well. 

Andi said:
I have to disagree, I was doing a 25% at Germany with 3 laps left and my engineer said to pit from slicks to inters right near the end of the lap and once I changed to inters I basically made my whole pitstop time back against AI cars who stayed on slicks for that extra lap. Then they had to pit on top of that so my 4th/5th place turned into a victory.

I've had similar experiences before as well. 
sometimes they're right sometimes they're wrong I think it'd a matter of listening to what he says and be ready to stop at a moment's notice and making a judgement on what you're feeling out on track

I completely ignore suggestions from my engineer when rain increases / decreases. If I can stretch out wets or inters for another lap or two, I usually find it to work out in my favor and I gain a few positions from it. I was running in third all race at China and won because of this.

I've ran into a strange wet weather glitch at Suzuka. We all started on inters in light rain. The rain increased on lap 2 and everyone, including myself, pitted on lap 4. We were all stuck in the pits for over a full minute. Even drivers who teammates who beat them to the kennel were on the worst end as they were parked behind their teammates.

Listen to your tyres, they never lie. 

BTW - Please fix the glitch CM, don't suggest 3-stops with 4 sets of wets when we only have 3 sets available.

I completely ignore suggestions from my engineer when rain increases / decreases. If I can stretch out wets or inters for another lap or two, I usually find it to work out in my favor and I gain a few positions from it. I was running in third all race at China and won because of this.

I've ran into a strange wet weather glitch at Suzuka. We all started on inters in light rain. The rain increased on lap 2 and everyone, including myself, pitted on lap 4. We were all stuck in the pits for over a full minute. Even drivers who teammates who beat them to the kennel were on the worst end as they were parked behind their teammates.
yeah I do that on 2010 but then I find the Bridgestone's moer versatile than the Pirelli's

i am fine with following all the tyre rules with f1 but the ai has to as well. im running a race right now where the ai is using a 4th wet tyre and im on intermediates cus i dont have any more. and we should also have some sort of order or option to choose which tyre we can use so we dont use used tyres by accident. i have avoided this by using the last tyres to the right and on q3 using one to the left. then maybe a graphic showing the usage of the other teams. i know its an old game but people still play and was hoping you could fix or open to steam workshop.