Sign in to follow this  

Does the pc preview build include the high res dlc?

http://www.pcgamesn.com/sorry-consoles-grid-autosport-pc-has-30gb-high-res-textures

thanks for the reply.  Yes I know it's coming for retail copies on PC but do we know whether the preview builds already include it?  I'm hoping that they don't cos then it'll look even better at release :)

no they don't I think I remember @Loore saying it doesn't the high res texture DLC won't be released until the game itself is released the I believe it'll be available on Steam for those that want it. I know I certainly do

I guess they are working at it now, or some other things for the game like text chat better interiors.
Game must be finished now and send off for printing on dvd with only 2 weeks before release.
So they are either enjoying a short vacation or working on something else.   :D

I guess they are working at it now, or some other things for the game like text chat better interiors.
Game must be finished now and send off for printing on dvd with only 2 weeks before release.
So they are either enjoying a short vacation or working on something else.   :D
I doubt any vacation time will be given till the game itself is out I don't know if they're still working on it as I think @Loore himself has access to it but it's just not widely available yet and won't be until the game itself is released

no they don't I think I remember @Loore saying it doesn't the high res texture DLC won't be released until the game itself is released the I believe it'll be available on Steam for those that want it. I know I certainly do

I read that the interiors are the finished article :(  but good news (hopefullly) about the texture pack :)

I read that the interiors are the finished article :(  but good news (hopefullly) about the texture pack :)

yeah they are but it doesn't really bother me personally as I don't use cockpit cam I either use T cam if I'm using an open wheeler or Bonnet cam if I'm driving a normal car

I do use cockpit view and this doesn't bother me particularly, but it looks to me like what codies have done is after the fuss around the missing cockpit view in grid 2, implemented a cut-price version of what's in Shift 2 (and probably other games) - there the cockpit starts nice and high res but the faster you go, the blurrier it gets, to give the impression that you're concentrating more on the road.  I presume this is the effect they're aiming for here.

I think it's a bit dumb of them to be honest cos they must realise they're going to get lots of complaints from people not getting the reasoning for the intended effect, about low-res cruddy looking cockpits...

they're going to get lots of complaints from people not getting the reasoning for the intended effect, about low-res cruddy looking cockpits...

I guess there might be people who haven't looked at single screenshot or video before ordering, but that's going to be a very small percentage.  Codemasters have been pretty upfront about what it looks like, so in that regard, if people can't live with it, don't buy it.

Codemasters have been pretty upfront about what it looks like, so in that regard, if people can't live with it, don't buy it.
hmmm yes they've said there's going to be cockpit view but judging by many of the reactions so far, this isn't what people had in mind...

Why release a high texture update for the PC, while the cockpit interiors look like crap? 

The PC texture pack does NOT include interior textures

Hi all

does anyone know whether it does?

thanks

Ric

Just to answer your question some of the earlier builds didn't while some of the newer ones do. Would be tough to say from for sure depends when they were creating the videos.

HoiHman said:
Why release a high texture update for the PC, while the cockpit interiors look like crap? 

answers on a postcard...  perhaps they like being abused

Hi all

thanks

Ric

Just to answer your question some of the earlier builds didn't while some of the newer ones do. Would be tough to say from for sure depends when they were creating the videos.

thanks for your reply.  There's more than one build being previewed at the moment then?  Do you know who's got the newest one? 

Hi all

thanks

Ric

thanks for your reply.  There's more than one build being previewed at the moment then?  Do you know who's got the newest one? 

If I were to guess I'd say the big magazine type ones have as I've been watching the Insidesim racing visd and the copy they seem to hav seems to be of a slightly higher quality than some of the other vids it may just be the way they're filming their review vids I'm not sure  check out the vid thread I set up and compare them for yourself if you like as I posted a couple of their vids in there

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/692/grid-autosport-videos-and-screen-shots-thread#latest

Cheers I'll have a look
can't sqay for sure but it looks like a slightly higher quality anyway especially the open wheel vid to me it does anyway

HoiHman said:

The PC texture pack does NOT include interior textures
Presumably because the vast majority of what you see in the game is things that are outside your car. (And, let’s be honest, they probably had them kicking around anyway to generate all the lower-res textures from, so why not.)

Here's a screenshot of a race game on my PHONE

That's what i call a cockpit view, with actual WORKING mirrors

yeah it looks good but I again I think it depends on the engine it's running on and what the developers see as their priority

Hi all

thanks

Ric

We've had 3 builds that people might be capturing from, Announce, Preview and Review (though they shouldn't be capturing from review because thats embargoed)

Hi all

thanks

Ric

We've had 3 builds that people might be capturing from, Announce, Preview and Review (though they shouldn't be capturing from review because thats embargoed)
I'd say the magazine ones must be the preview given it is essentially called a preview build then

@justbiglee‌ - the preview build includes the hi res pack?
Not sure off the top of my head, I can find out if you want tomorrow though?

Being totally honest even if it does that build is so old now it wouldn't matter, the games had so much more extra polish applied it since the preview build which must be pushing 2 months old now.