F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Music Thread

I know completely what you mean. Had you asked me at the start of the summer, Era Vulgaris would have been my top choice, but now I listen and I want the darker sound of Lullabies (Tangled up in plaid is an awesome track! In fact, so is everything between track 3 & 9) or SFTD because it has the Foo Fighters like edge (blame Grohl for that!)
love Era Vulgaris. I really wish they'd play more of the latter half of the record (Suture, Run Pig Run, River in the Road, Battery Acid, etc) because it's those tracks that define that album for me. And yeah, I know what you mean about SFTD, really does feel kinda "Foosy" (I know that sounds lame, but you know what I mean! :p)

Mexicola said:
love Era Vulgaris. I really wish they'd play more ... of the record 
Agreed. I watched the Reading set, they only played Sick, Sick, Sick and Make it wit chu from Era Vulgaris. They didn't even play 3's & 7's! Into the Hollow, I'm Designer, Turnin' on the Screw even. Fantastic tracks.

Insert noobs telling us to stop *****ing about QotSA. No, we won't! :P 

Guess who's off to London next weekend to see the Invictus games closing ceremony, headlined by none other than the FOO FIGHTERS! :D :D 
Kaiser Chiefs, my favourite UK band, also make the line-up. They're also the only act I've seen live up until now. Also James Blunt & Ellie Goulidng, who I will sit/(stand) through if it means getting anywhere near Dave Grohl!

There's excited, and then there's me!

I like James Blunt now I know he has a great personality. Ellie Goulding is pretty sweet too.

Mexicola said:
@Mexicola‌ I think I lost my headache?

Would be better if it were 1000 minutes longer. Other than that, one of my favs.
... It's the longest song on my iPod (out does even Stairway to Heaven by 20 secs). You'd like it to be 17 hours long??? Confused me the first time around...

Either way, you can guess which one I bought. Simply had more songs I know on it.

Rated R's a good choice, it won't weird you out as much as the first record. And yeah, the outro of that song will never be long enough. I could literally listen to it forever.

Mexicola said:
Rated R's a good choice, it won't weird you out as much as the first record. And yeah, the outro of that song will never be long enough. I could literally listen to it forever.
I don't know how much of a musician you are, but there's a time signature change about halfway through (the couple of seconds where it goes quiet). Messed my head up totally because I was foot drumming first time I listened through it. :)

EDIT: Turns out there's 2, the first about 1 minute in when the main hook comes in. Obviously wasn't foot drumming at that point.

Yeah it's pretty weird, the verse sections are your standard 4/4, and the intro/outro are fabulously strange 15/8. That's one of the things I love about Queens, it makes complex, weird music danceable.

15/8? I knew it was a complex triple, couldn't count out the rhythm (probably because I've never heard ANYTHING in it). First for everything!

So I take it you play something...

I'd be more than happy to have you listen if we had anything to have you listen to! It's not really a serious band yet, most of us are still in education in Uni/College/Tech/whatever so we haven't put the amount of time we'd like to into it. Our "gigs" if you can call them that are instrumental jams or covers. We haven't recorded anything and haven't properly got a name ("The Shadow of Moses" is what we are currently, that'll probably change in about half an hour), but call us back in about 10 years and we might have like one song or something :p

@RevolvingPrawn has/had a band as well. I can't remember what they're called, but ages ago he sent me photos (he had long hair!) and a MySpace page with some tracks that I thought sounded pretty cool. He played bass if I recall correctly. 

I play Keys, and whilst I have a couple of writing projects on the go, they're not like what I listen to. It's hard to write a guitar track on a keyboard, if you get my drift. Either way, I'll post them when they're finished and I've bought the correct porting hardware (may take several guesses...). The main one I'm working on needs a) more depth of sound b) me to hit the correct notes when it comes to record...

Don't expect anything special, or anytime predictable. Given the way I work on things like this, it could be next week, could be next month.

@Mexicola‌ 
You know there's always 1 (or occasionally 2) song(s) on an album, not usually singles, and you just think 'Wow, that awesome'. This is mine from R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cula-Bx0xk

Autopilot is brilliant, and I love the way it segues into Better Living (which is one of my favourite songs, like, ever)

Also so pumped to hear this live, hopefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7OTusJbB3w
 It was the first song released off KC's new album and I just went 'Wow, they're back'. EEE&W was ruined by poor single choices...

Also, I've got a headache, but 'I think I lost my headache' is actually making it worse...