Jump to content Jump to content

Echoes, Silence wasn't a great record at all tbh bar the Pretender which is my favourite Foo's song. They're earlier stuff is the best for me, but they always seem to have at least one or two superb songs every album.

Mexicola said:

Back from Biffy Clyro. They were bloody brilliant. Loved Little Matador (fourth time seeing them) and Twin Atlantic too. Just great, can't wait for QOTSA now!

Can't beat a bit of Biffy Clyro, they were cracking at T in the park. #MonTheBiff

Twin Atlantic were good too. The bass guitarist has a very nice haircut....

Mexicola said:

QOTSA was incredibly good. Just... wow. Amazing.

What stuff did they play? 

Here's the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queens-of-the-stone-age/2014/custom-house-square-belfast-northern-ireland-bce211a.html

Brilliant set, particularly I'm Designer, In the Fade, Monsters in the Parasol and Do It Again. If they had played Better Living Through Chemistry or I Appear Missing it would have been perfect.

My mate used to listen to that fucking song on loop for hours. I can't stand Evanescence because of that :unamused: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs

completely in my head. oh yeah, don't watch if your under 16 I guess. Or don't like watching arses.

@Mexicola‌ 
Out of interest, how would you rate/rank the QotSA albums? I'm trying to decide with of the first 2 to buy, because I've got the other 4.

Of the ones I've got:
Songs for the Deaf 
Lullabies to Parralyse 
Era Vulagaris 
...Like Clockwork 
I couldn't possibly give them a proper ranking because it changes pretty much every day! Right now I'd probably say;

Queens of the Stone Age
...Like Clockwork
Rated R
Era Vulgaris
Lullabies to Paralyze
Songs for the Deaf

SFTD is a brilliant record but I just prefer the other stuff because it's more "out there". If you're in to more immediate sounding stuff I'd probably go with Rated R, but if you're feeling weird I'd go with self-titled. That first record is only guitars, bass and drums and it sounds nothing like anything else ever. Definitely one of, if not the strangest album I've ever listened to.
Mexicola said:
@Mexicola‌ 
Out of interest, how would you rate/rank the QotSA albums? I'm trying to decide with of the first 2 to buy, because I've got the other 4.

Of the ones I've got:
Songs for the Deaf 
Lullabies to Parralyse 
Era Vulagaris 
...Like Clockwork 
I couldn't possibly give them a proper ranking because it changes pretty much every day! Right now I'd probably say;

I know completely what you mean. Had you asked me at the start of the summer, Era Vulgaris would have been my top choice, but now I listen and I want the darker sound of Lullabies (Tangled up in plaid is an awesome track! In fact, so is everything between track 3 & 9) or SFTD because it has the Foo Fighters like edge (blame Grohl for that!)