Sign in to follow this  

Will codemasters get me over the PS4 E3 disappointment?

It's a bad year for next gen race loving gamers on Playstation. I'm about to sell my PS3 but I notice there are almost no racing games planned for PS4 anytime soon. There is Drive club and that's it?! . Since there is no word still about F1 2014 I'm getting worried that F1 2014 will be no next gen at all. If I was Sony or Microsoft I would be showing off stuff like Formula 1 to demonstrate the power of next gen games, instead all I got to see was "phew phew" and "kaboom". I wanted "vroom vroom" but none of that :(

Grid Autosport will not be PS4 so until Drive Club comes out the only thing I will be able to play is NFS Rivals? Should I be worried or should I expect a lot of big titles that were not announced at E3 in the coming months? 

Last year, the teaser trailers came out around the Silverstone GP.
As you can see, the classic cars teaser came out on youtube and on their website around July 15th.
Have patience.
Don't expect a next-gen game, when Grid Autosprot isn't one. But hope for it.
I was also disappointed not to see Stephen Hood or any other developer from Codemasters introducing anything from F1 2014 at E3. It could have been a massive media stunt and gain them some more sales, but unfortunately i think they are a bit behind and working their asses of at the moment.
So please keep patient and people in general should stop being so angry about missing information. It doesn't help us or the developers, so give them some peace.

Rumors:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a522356/f1-2014-how-codemasters-is-approaching-next-generation-consoles.html#~oGS1bDW8zGQJOX
http://www.tsmplug.com/games/codemasters-f1-2014-new-ideas/
http://n4g.com/news/1361803/60fps-confirmed-for-next-gen-f1-2014
http://n4g.com/news/1361553/codemasters-is-cooking-a-storm-for-next-gen-f1-2014
http://n4g.com/news/1373071/f1-2014-how-codemasters-is-approaching-next-generation-consoles
http://gamingeverything.com/xbox-oneps4-versions-of-f1-2014-will-run-at-60fps/

GRID Autosport doesn't come out till the end of the month and CM won't give anything away until the hype for that game has dropped a bit so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait longer and get less information about the game this time around.

My Sony inner Fanboy made me purchase PS4 over Xbone but I kind of regret that now, at least my Wii U gets used with Mario Kart. 

If you honestly want driving games now you are better off using PC or if it has to be console then Xbone and Forza (they announced Horizon 2 as well). Rivals is on Xbone anyway and Drive Club really doesn't look that impressive...

Your Sony inner fanboy served you right if you are really into your racing - the XBox One compatible steering wheels are either crap or very expensive. DFGT not officially supported on PS4 (as far as I'm aware), but bet your bottom dollar it will be.

I get the feeling F1 2014 will be CM's first venture onto next gen but I think they're keeping quiet about it because they want to give Autosport it's time in the spotlight first especially given it's their next game being released. Plus the fact that CM like to wait till a couple of months before release before announce anything means we shouldn't give up hope yet. I think we'llhear something about 2014 at some stage in July or at the latest early August given the game generally has a release date around the same time as the Fifa's

It's a bad year for next gen race loving gamers on Playstation. I'm about to sell my PS3 but I notice there are almost no racing games planned for PS4 anytime soon. There is Drive club and that's it?! . Since there is no word still about F1 2014 I'm getting worried that F1 2014 will be no next gen at all. If I was Sony or Microsoft I would be showing off stuff like Formula 1 to demonstrate the power of next gen games, instead all I got to see was "phew phew" and "kaboom". I wanted "vroom vroom" but none of that :(

Grid Autosport will not be PS4 so until Drive Club comes out the only thing I will be able to play is NFS Rivals? Should I be worried or should I expect a lot of big titles that were not announced at E3 in the coming months? 
google 

f1 2014 codemasters digital spy

Bear in mind that article was written October 13. I think that tells you what you want to know about F1 on next gen. What it doesn't tell you is when its going to happen. 

There is a big gap in the market for racers on next gen, but this autumn you get FH2, Driveclub, maybe a cm release, a next gen wrc will probably be out and pcars. For me it is worth holding on to the ps3 for longer to enjoy GA. A bigger question is whether to get an Xbox or PS4. This boils down to me as to whether you think Driveclub is going to be better than FH2, as all the Cm stuff which I like the most is multi platform and so is pcars. I have never tried forza and am not much of a fan of GT6, although I do play it. I'd be interested in what people think about forza 5. There are rumors of a complete edition in the works.

BelgiumDude, you should look forward to Project CARS too, the latest trailer made me reminisce about the Codemasters ToCA games...

Yup  I forgot about that one. I also was recommended to watch out for the crew but it looks to much like an NFS game.

But if F1 wouldn't come out on PS4 I wil be so devastated. 

So please keep patient and people in general should stop being so angry about missing information. It doesn't help us or the developers, so give them some peace.

I'm not angy, just worried and a bit confused about selling or keeping my PS3

Once Grid Autosport is released, if the next game they announce is Dirt rather than F1 don't expect F1 2014 this side of Christmas. I reckon F1 will be the next game they announce but so many people take is a guarantee every year that it is going to be announced/released at the same time, its not
guaranteed yet

APR193 said:
Once Grid Autosport is released, if the next game they announce is Dirt rather than F1 don't expect F1 2014 this side of Christmas. I reckon F1 will be the next game they announce but so many people take is a guarantee every year that it is going to be announced/released at the same time, its not
guaranteed yet
I'm pretty suer F1 2014 will be the next game to follow Autosport but as I said over in the off topic section I hope they have big improvements this year because the series needs them because there are quite a few racing games coming out this year and it's in danger of being left behind if improvements aren't seen

As it maybe next gen they have possibly had to change a lot, so they may not be able to show anything yet. I believe it is next gen without a last gen port. If thats the case then i'll be looking foward to christmas this year with a PS4 and f1 2014, driveclub, project CARS, FIFA 15 & NBA 2k15

APR193 said:
don't expect F1 2014 this side of Christmas. I reckon F1 will be the next game they announce but so many people take is a guarantee every year that it is going to be announced/released at the same time, its not
guaranteed yet
*hangs self*

As it maybe next gen they have possibly had to change a lot, so they may not be able to show anything yet. I believe it is next gen without a last gen port. If thats the case then i'll be looking foward to christmas this year with a PS4 and f1 2014, driveclub, project CARS, FIFA 15 & NBA 2k15
I think that's another reason why I think they've held off while Autosport I think is likely to be the end of this cycle they still want to give it it's time in the spotlight and they don't wan't 2014 getting in the way of that. We'll hear something at some stage next month we just have to be patient.