XBOX - Fanatec/ Logitech (and other wheel) button support

Beware you need to upgrade your Fanatec stuff too. V2 will not work on PS5 if you have the Xbox version etc. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

@Monzie83PC would be ideal, but for me though I know PC will become a never ending project to try to maintain and would much rather plug and play with a console.

Yes I agree - That's part of the problem - with Xbox X or PS5 - it's good for the next 4 or 5 years - with a PC it's £300 to upgrade graphics plus another £300 for upgrade of CPU then another £200 for upgrade of power unit and then you may need to upgrade motherboard (£250) plus more RAM then it's the SSD drive etc etc - it get's very pricy - whereas with Xbox or PS5 just stick it on ebay next time around - Yes

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Beware you need to upgrade your Fanatec stuff too. V2 will not work on PS5 if you have the Xbox version etc. 

The equipment I bought will work on all platforms. I made sure of that and confirmed it with Fanatec before purchase:  the wheelbase is PS compatible (CSL Elite +) and my wheel is Xbox compatible (Clubsport Formula v2). 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Thanks for the help Marcel - I have kinda covered that by getting CSL Elite + wheelbase that switches modes between Xbox and PS5 regardless of the wheel chip (I think) - but if truth be known had I gone for a gaming PC in advance I would have been happier with the cheaper and probably better Clubsport Wheelbase V2.

RE PC is cheaper - how is that possible - help please

Edited by HamishOK

26 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

I would also ask you to reach out to Fanatec, even if you do eventually move away from Xbox. The more people they get pushing them the better.

Will Do Monzie

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@1512marcel, When you get the time, would you be able to locate the Microsoft statement regarding peripheral support for me please? Have searched but not found it yet. Thank you.

Edited by Monzie83

I looked it up yesterday. Actually it was a comment of one of the Xbox Ambassadors, not an actual employee of Microsoft, but like me kinda of a spokesman. I will post the link tomorrow. And to be honest, I guess he is more referring to third party and wheel manufacturers stating it’s to expensive to create a specific SDK for a “few” users. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

If you have a PS4 wheel base any rim will work with PlayStation (even Xbox rims); it's why I went Fanatec in the first place.

Interested to hear if anyone has reached out to Fanatec regarding the SDK and what the response was? 

My own efforts have proved unfruitful, both when talking to Fanatec support (expected) and on the Fanatec Forums (radio silence).

Just like I predicted. Thomas (Fanatec) is a master in walking away from his responsibilities. I have posted there aswell with no reaction whatsoever. Very dissapointing. 

7 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Just like I predicted. Thomas (Fanatec) is a master in walking away from his responsibilities. I have posted there aswell with no reaction whatsoever. Very dissapointing. 

I think we move in the same circles @1512marcel! I can see you’ve responded to some of my posts. Did you reach out to Fanatec support?

I must admit I find the lack of engagement from Fanatec on this topic very disappointing (and very telling) - increasingly, in this modern age, companies expertly use customer engagement as a means of retaining customer loyalty.

As consumers, we are sensible and reasonable - if something is difficult, we will understand, and we do not expect miracles. But without insight into what the issues are, Fanatec do not allow us to take this position. 

I DO want to see a acknowledgement from Fanatec that this issue is important for their affected customers and that they want to, and will (at some point), be working towards a solution - not having it right now is fine, but the (apparent) non-existent appetite to resolve it is incomprehensible to me.

Edited by Monzie83

2 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Maybe, just maybe, we should take this to the next level. 

Intriguing- what is the next level?

@TKN42 @HamishOK

Additional wheel inputs are possible on Xbox - please see the linked post: Proof of Logitech G923 inputs and rev lights working on Xbox.

• Thanks 1