Jump to content Jump to content

XBOX - Fanatec/ Logitech (and other wheel) button support

Monzie83

4 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

@Monzie83PC would be ideal, but for me though I know PC will become a never ending project to try to maintain and would much rather plug and play with a console.

Yes I agree - That's part of the problem - with Xbox X or PS5 - it's good for the next 4 or 5 years - with a PC it's £300 to upgrade graphics plus another £300 for upgrade of CPU then another £200 for upgrade of power unit and then you may need to upgrade motherboard (£250) plus more RAM then it's the SSD drive etc etc - it get's very pricy - whereas with Xbox or PS5 just stick it on ebay next time around - Yes

7 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Beware you need to upgrade your Fanatec stuff too. V2 will not work on PS5 if you have the Xbox version etc. 

The equipment I bought will work on all platforms. I made sure of that and confirmed it with Fanatec before purchase:  the wheelbase is PS compatible (CSL Elite +) and my wheel is Xbox compatible (Clubsport Formula v2). 

23 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Beware you need to upgrade your Fanatec stuff too. V2 will not work on PS5 if you have the Xbox version etc. 

Thanks for the help Marcel - I have kinda covered that by getting CSL Elite + wheelbase that switches modes between Xbox and PS5 regardless of the wheel chip (I think) - but if truth be known had I gone for a gaming PC in advance I would have been happier with the cheaper and probably better Clubsport Wheelbase V2.

RE PC is cheaper - how is that possible - help please

I looked it up yesterday. Actually it was a comment of one of the Xbox Ambassadors, not an actual employee of Microsoft, but like me kinda of a spokesman. I will post the link tomorrow. And to be honest, I guess he is more referring to third party and wheel manufacturers stating it’s to expensive to create a specific SDK for a “few” users. 

• Social Media & Community Team
16 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

If you have a PS4 wheel base any rim will work with PlayStation (even Xbox rims); it's why I went Fanatec in the first place.

7 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Just like I predicted. Thomas (Fanatec) is a master in walking away from his responsibilities. I have posted there aswell with no reaction whatsoever. Very dissapointing. 

I think we move in the same circles @1512marcel! I can see you’ve responded to some of my posts. Did you reach out to Fanatec support?

I must admit I find the lack of engagement from Fanatec on this topic very disappointing (and very telling) - increasingly, in this modern age, companies expertly use customer engagement as a means of retaining customer loyalty.

As consumers, we are sensible and reasonable - if something is difficult, we will understand, and we do not expect miracles. But without insight into what the issues are, Fanatec do not allow us to take this position. 

I DO want to see a acknowledgement from Fanatec that this issue is important for their affected customers and that they want to, and will (at some point), be working towards a solution - not having it right now is fine, but the (apparent) non-existent appetite to resolve it is incomprehensible to me.

• 1 month later...

Archived