DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Audio issue - no co driver

Hi, playing on Xbox Series X, and getting no co-driver audio on all Dirt games. Not sure if I have weird settings, but have tried all variables I can find with no results. Other rally games (and all other games in general) have no issues, so i'm sure its thegame or its settings

I got that too yesterday on PC DR2.  I think what solved it is re-selecting Co-driver language in game optiosn, but I am not 100% sure.  Curious to learn if there's a known reliable fix.

31 minutes ago, TheIronWolf said:

I got that too yesterday on PC DR2.  I think what solved it is re-selecting Co-driver language in game optiosn, but I am not 100% sure.  Curious to learn if there's a known reliable fix.

Yeah, I gave that a try, but stil nothing. Same isssue on Dirt 4 as well, and they are only fresh installs

EDIT: I just plugged standard earpod headphones into my controller, and the co-driver audio comes through that. Still just the ambiant engine and road sounds through the TV, no matter if I set the System EQ in game to Headphones,TV or Flat

Edited by NicCarBel

11 hours ago, NicCarBel said:

Yeah, I gave that a try, but stil nothing. Same isssue on Dirt 4 as well, and they are only fresh installs

EDIT: I just plugged standard earpod headphones into my controller, and the co-driver audio comes through that. Still just the ambiant engine and road sounds through the TV, no matter if I set the System EQ in game to Headphones,TV or Flat

Found the setting!  Seems like CM co-drivers run on their own audio channel, and I had to change the audio output for the XBOX itself to uncompressed stereo. Worked it out when the wife and I wanted to watch Disney+ and the characters weren't speaking either

• Like 1