Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Hungarian Grand Prix

In a way I'm disappointed with certain things, but it's completely undeniable that that race was brilliant :) This is the kind of race we all watch F1 for!

yeah have to agree with that that was a truly enjoyable race

VetteIfan said:
Danny Ricciardo has a special place in my heart from this day on. His front wing deserves 25 points. 

Lewis got away might lucky today, he deserved a lot less than a 21 points lead but then again, Rosberg didn't deserve to close the gap at all given his rotten pace. 
The Honey Badger wasn't at fault, so really Nico deserves those 25 points for giving himself a puncture..... because that completley makes sense :p Rosberg tbh was just as bad as Hamilton today imo. Well, almost. When the SC came out I thought he was going to win it. And that would've been the **** result to end a race which was as great as that. 

Language guys

tbh I feel that both Mercs found ways to trip themselves up really just a general all round bad day for them but these things happen in sport and I think they know that anyway they'll just dust themselves off and try to come back stronger in Spa because really that's all they can do with this.

Two penalty points for Hamilton thanks to the Ricciardo crash. That's harsh. Maldonado should get 12 in one go if they're dishing them out like that.

That's harsh. But I won't complain too much, could've all gone much worse for my Loisl. 

Congratz to Seb for winning the Hungarian GP for the first time!! 

fIsince08 said:
Two penalty points for Hamilton thanks to the Ricciardo crash. That's harsh. Maldonado should get 12 in one go if they're dishing them out like that.
Vettel got some in Canada for his incident in practice too. Both really stupid points to hand out considering as you said, Maldonado should have about 6 this race.

Will Maldonado get a race ban before the end of the season?

Goodness me! Kvyat has two as well for exceeding the track limits and gaining and advantage. The stewards have been way OTT today.

Maldonado is on 6 points for the last twelve months apparently.

AMS97KRR said:
Vettel's race summed up in one .gif:

Love that. It feels almost as good as Malaysia. 
Nohing will beat Malaysia. But today is probably as close as any race will get :D

fIsince08 said:
I wonder if the aborted start affected the Mercs? Tyres might have been cooler.
Seems to be clutch settings looking at the footage, as like Ricciardo the revs were very low for the Mercs

fIsince08 said:
I wonder if the aborted start affected the Mercs? Tyres might have been cooler.
Possibly it's hard to know thoug hand I'd doubht they'd admit it even if they did.

fIsince08 said:
Goodness me! Kvyat has two as well for exceeding the track limits and gaining and advantage. The stewards have been way OTT today.

Not really. Overtaking under the safety car, speeding under the safety car and speeding in the pits are all known rules and easy to abide by. Kyvat definitely gained an unfair advantage on turn 4 so the punishment (I assume) is in line with the rules. The only debatable ones are the incidents, but if they're consistent then they're fair.

Platy said:
fIsince08 said:

Not really. Overtaking under the safety car, speeding under the safety car and speeding in the pits are all known rules and easy to abide by. Kyvat definitely gained an unfair advantage on turn 4 so the punishment (I assume) is in line with the rules. The only debatable ones are the incidents, but if they're consistent then they're fair.
I'm not arguing about the dangerous ones, but surely running wide isn't worth penalty points?

Btw, I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but Maldonado got a drive through penalty for speeding in the pit lane whilst serving a drive through penalty for speeding in the pit lane  :D

best race I have seen for a few years, the best man won, great start and his mental strength shone through whilst everyone else was cracking under pressure. Gutted for kimi though :-( Thought verstappen should have got a drive through for ruining bottas race though. Bottas was just minding his own business and verstappen drove into him giving a puncture. Would be interesting to see the data from hamiltons car when he rammed ricciardio, imo he let off the brake and done it deliberately though he was punished anyways but it looked deliberate.

best race I have seen for a few years, the best man won, great start and his mental strength shone through whilst everyone else was cracking under pressure. Gutted for kimi though :-( Thought verstappen should have got a drive through for ruining bottas race though. Bottas was just minding his own business and verstappen drove into him giving a puncture. Would be interesting to see the data from hamiltons car when he rammed ricciardio, imo he let off the brake and done it deliberately though he was punished anyways but it looked deliberate.
If he did let off the brakes he wouldn't have locked up just before hitting him. It was a simple racing accident, just like Nico/Ricciardo, Pastor/Perez. Stewards were very harsh with the penalties, especially giving penalty points on top of drive throughs for tiny collisions that were really no-one's fault.

Hardly, Bottas didn't mind his surroundings and just turned in. It's similiar to the Ricciardo-Rosberg situation that saw no penalty being given either.

What would be the sense for Lewis to do that?  :o
Exactly, that would make no sense at all, plus he locked his brakes so he was obviously braking. At the time I thought what Rosberg did to Ricciardo was his fault, but looking back at it I honestly think he thought Ricciardo went flying off the track.

One of the best races I've ever seen, seriously. Amazing action through out, very happy for Vettel and the tribute to Bianchi on the team radio was very touching. Lots of happy events, like McLaren getting double points finishes, Max finishing 4th was awesome and I'm really happy for the two Red Bull boys.

Disaster for Mercedes today though, Hamilton drove like a tool and was very lucky finish in the points even with the pace he had, but Rosberg just sucked. Like, absolutely sucked. Shockingly off the pace then got into a kerfuffle with Dan which was entirely his fault. He also tackled the grand prix in a totally wrong direction, he kept focusing on Hamilton who was well out of the picture while he should have been thinking about the lead. He could have easily taken the championship lead, but instead he threw it all away. Good job, dumbass.

fIsince08 said:

Massa missed by miles...

"He couldn't see the yellow line".... so he decided to park a mile behind his grid spot instead of just taking an educated guess as to where it was. Oh Felipe. 

VetteIfan said:
fIsince08 said:

Massa missed by miles...

"He couldn't see the yellow line".... so he decided to park a mile behind his grid spot instead of just taking an educated guess as to where it was. Oh Felipe. 
That is stupid by Massa, but why on earth does putting yourself at a disadvantage warrant a penalty