Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Hungarian Grand Prix

APR193 said:
VetteIfan said:
fIsince08 said:

Massa missed by miles...

"He couldn't see the yellow line".... so he decided to park a mile behind his grid spot instead of just taking an educated guess as to where it was. Oh Felipe. 
That is stupid by Massa, but why on earth does putting yourself at a disadvantage warrant a penalty
Two reasons. The first is that it increases the risk of the driver behind crashing into you if you stall (hence the aborted start), the second is that it's a punishment for delaying the start. In the olden days when they reset to the 5 minute mark, you would be forced to start from the very back.

Well I didn't manage to watch the race live as I was um, at Disneyland...

But anyway, watched it the day after and it was a good race. I think I would have liked it more had I not known the result (damn you motorway services showing Sky Sports News, damn you), but a great race.

Cant believe Lewis somehow came out of that with a bigger lead, but Vettel is really dangerously close to Rosberg now! One retirement for him and a 2nd for Vettel and he is right in the title fight.

I think Ricciardo's move on Rosberg was absolutely fair, and not his fault. There was a gap, he made it, stayed on the track, and Rosberg squeezed him out. Can't see what he could have done wrong.

Cool to see the McLaren's in the points, but what the hell happened to Williams?! Absolutely no where and I can't remember how.

Bring on Spa!

But anyway, watched it the day after and it was a good race. I think I would have liked it more had I not known the result (damn you motorway services showing Sky Sports News, damn you), but a great race.

Cant believe Lewis somehow came out of that with a bigger lead, but Vettel is really dangerously close to Rosberg now! One retirement for him and a 2nd for Vettel and he is right in the title fight.

I think Ricciardo's move on Rosberg was absolutely fair, and not his fault. There was a gap, he made it, stayed on the track, and Rosberg squeezed him out. Can't see what he could have done wrong.

Cool to see the McLaren's in the points, but what the hell happened to Williams?! Absolutely no where and I can't remember how.

Bring on Spa!
Simple - lack of downforce. Whilst they'll be a threat at Spa and Monza, they are nowehere at Monaco, Hungary, Brazil and the like.

That and I don't think they're good in warm conditions either.

Or cold. I might be confused.

fIsince08 said:

Bring on Spa!
Simple - lack of downforce. Whilst they'll be a threat at Spa and Monza, they are nowehere at Monaco, Hungary, Brazil and the like.
Plus Bottas got a puncture that sent towards the rear.

fIsince08 said:
Brazil?? We must be thinking about different tracks because the Brazil I know has one of the highest average speeds on the calendar. And about 4 corners. 

But yeah, in Hungary Bottas was right behind Kvyat when he got the puncture from Verstappen, and Kvyat finished 2nd. So if Bottas hadn't got a puncture, there's a strong probability he could've made it to the podium after Rosberg and Ricciardo's contact. So it was worse than it looked for Williams. 

As for a Vettel title challenge, interestingly he's the exact same number of points behind the leader as he was at this point in 2012. And he's actually won more races this time around. Never say never, but obviously its going to take some mighty Ferrari upgrade over the summer to get them regularly competing with Mercedes. Plus a few DNF's for Lewis. 

But as we all know Fernando was driving a piece of junk which only he could drag onto podiums. ;) And Massa of course. ;)

I remember telling you back then that Seb had no chance to catch Fernando anymore. Won't make that mistake again, especially with my Loisl being in the lead.