DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Using Reverb G2, constant dropped frames :(

I am getting an incredible number of dropped frames as shown in fpsVR. I can easily be on over 100 dropped frames in a minute or so.

This is even when running at a very low SS of 30% for example, and framerate stays at 90fps, GPU and CPU usage very low (3090 & 10900k). So to be clear, this isn't low framerate or reprojection etc, it is literally only "dropped frames".

Other sims run great, just something is causing an issue with DR2. I didn't have this problem with my Vive Pro.

Thanks.

Just tried with my Quest 2 and no dropped frames, so seems specific to WMR/G2 for me. Is it just me?

Hey there.

Just to confirm, have you tried everything here?

Hi, I have yes, I have used DR2 great with Vive Pro and Quest 2, this issue is only with G2, or specifically WMR most likely. Issue is still there if I lower SteamVR supersampling to just 30% for example, lower than either of those headsets. 

23 hours ago, RagingBeard said:

this issue is only with G2, or specifically WMR most likely

The G2 has a larger per-eye resolution than many headsets so there may be something to this.

It could also like you said be something specific to WMR, but I haven't seen enough comments from others to prove either of these things 🤔

If I find out any info I'll let you know; I'm asking around.

I can use the Quest 2 on high super sampling and get a smooth experience, while the G2 even at very low super sampling (so a MUCH lower resolution), I still have this problem.

Seems specific to the G2 or WMR then.

I've asked about it but got no potential workarounds yet to suggest.