F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Fast Starts

Remembering Grid 1 MP i used to get unbelievable fast starts starting 12th I'd be top 4 or 5 by first or second corner, any tips for fast starts for Grid AS???

if this is Autosport question then really it should be in the Grid section this is the F1 section basically the best way to start any race is basically try to hit the right amount of revs and try your best to anticipate when the lights go out or green light comes on  but I think Autosport has a countdown timer to it's races though so that should make it easier.

I start like this. (it seems to work on all of Codemasters titles) Hold the accelerator/throttle just at the point that all the rev lights become eliminated, not so much as to have them flashing/bouncing off the limiter. Then as the lights go out/green light eliminates, after the initial pull away go as full throttle as traction will allow. If you are using TC then try not to put so much power on as it will activate and take away power from the drive wheels. Hope this helps.

Remembering Grid 1 MP i used to get unbelievable fast starts starting 12th I'd be top 4 or 5 by first or second corner, any tips for fast starts for Grid AS???
Seems, it's should be rather You giving us tips ;)

I think there's a few of us guilty of just stomping on the accelerator till it goes green :p 

LewisBCR6 said:
I think there's a few of us guilty of just stomping on the accelerator till it goes green :p 
yeah I tend to on F1 2011 and 12 as I tend to find using Half my Kers allotment for that oprning lap to get me underway. On F1 2010 I use the method I mentioned above as that works best for me on that game

In GRID SP I blame my poor launches on my keyboard, but when I get the occasional fast launch it makes me realize it's just one area of race driving I've neglected and probably could do better if I spent more time practicing.  Oh well.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
In GRID SP I blame my poor launches on my keyboard, but when I get the occasional fast launch it makes me realize it's just one area of race driving I've neglected and probably could do better if I spent more time practicing.  Oh well.

Frank
same here whenever I get a poor one sometimes when I spin out as well as I think sometimes the keys get a little sticky

Yeah.  You want to be sure and hose that KB down once in awhile, get the cocoa, Coke, tomato sauce and ice cream out of there.  Don't forget to yank the plug first. 
B-)

Frank

RubyRuby said:
Yeah.  You want to be sure and hose that KB down once in awhile, get the cocoa, Coke, tomato sauce and ice cream out of there.  Don't forget to yank the plug first. 
B-)

Frank
just as well  the game has flashbacks I hate being taken out by a keyboard :p

Heck I usually just wait and let the first corner pileup happen . Then I drive by and give a honk and be on my merry way. Hopefully with the new physics along with penalties people won't drive like jackholes . Talking to you French and German racers.

Thanks for the info guys.
Yes i did get get fast starts back on Grid 1.
But i think that was more down to the 60K ebay Lacetti than my skill set.

Heck I usually just wait and let the first corner pileup happen . Then I drive by and give a honk and be on my merry way. Hopefully with the new physics along with penalties people won't drive like jackholes . Talking to you French and German racers.
Lmao! People not drive like jackholes, that's a good one. Might as well accept reality now, people will always drive like jackholes.

I thought I read somewhere that there were Rolling Starts.

Rolling starts are only available for endurance races.

Bob422 said:

yeah only the Endurance races begin with rolling starts all the others are off the grid

Bob422 said:

yeah only the Endurance races begin with rolling starts all the others are off the grid

Not entirely true.

I know for a fact that the Cat A Touring Cars have rolling starts too

HoiHman said:
Bob422 said:

Not entirely true.

I know for a fact that the Cat A Touring Cars have rolling starts too

Well I haven't driven those cars yet so wouldn't know about that I've only driven the Cat C one's in Touring so far

again haven't raced the indycars yet in career but I did race them in Custom cup and I think they started off the grid in that one at Abu Dhabi