Jump to content Jump to content

constantly getting 'terminal damage'

searSingray157

Right now it seems like my car is 'exploding' as soon as I leave the garage (practice session), or after less than half a lap if I start a training program with flying start. It goes black and white and the guy on the headphone tells me ' that was a big one, let me know you are alright'. The screen shows 'terminal damage, you are out of the session because your car is terminal damaged'.

I assume this is a bug as it makes the game unplayable - or at least it makes it unjoyable since my only option is to retire from session. 

• 4 weeks later...

The game is made to give you a chance to feel what it is like to be a F1 driver by including parts of the car  wearing out or breaking during use as happens in real life and so affecting your performances as they would do in real life, in real life replacing a gearbox/ turbo in a car is not just done by someone pressing a button and so it goes in your game and affects your ability to use time on track to gain points to improve your car by  completing track programmes etc so it is like that for a reason as part of the experience  . I would suggest that if that is inconvenient to you that you play the Grand Prix part of the game and just select the one lap qualifying only and go to race and turn off damage.

There is a video on YouTube where a gamer using  a WRC game is complaining that he cannot see the track surface properly because the effects of bright sunlight that have been beautifully rendered by the developers are ruining  his ability to see.

I did hear a story a few years back that Sebastian Ogier once refused to drive a stage in Monte Carlo until the organisers stopped it snowing as  he could not see the stage very well and the slippery conditions were slowing him down.

Archived