F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Do I upgrade to a wheel

I’ve been using a controller for a couple of years and now don’t seem to be improving. I’ve been looking at wheels but don’t want to spend that much. How much does it matter if you get a force feedback wheel or not as the difference is price is huge 

Will you be racing on Console or Pc?

If i may make you a suggestion, i would say Thrustmaster T300 (if on Playstation: T300 GT edition has better pedals) It is a mid range wheel but has everything for good racing. The force feedback really brings an extra level of immersion and giving you extra information when racing, like your tires conditions etc. 

Logitech would be cheaper, but you cannot change the wheels like with Thrustmaster. That is what i find a big plus point with Thrustmaster and Fanatec.

I use for example the Thrustmaster Ferrari Add on wheel for F1 and the standard Wheel for Dirt etc.

Here my ferrari wheel (with some changes)20191116_190633.thumb.jpg.80eeb9f14165883c183b241e720dc7b4.jpg20200805_131446.thumb.jpg.41248a0b77c1ba9bdae69741465e1af5.jpg

Edited by GioProductions

I would absolutely recommend upgrading to a wheel in terms of enjoyment and immersion. It makes the game so much more fun. I’m not sure it would make you faster though if that’s what you’re after - most of the very fastest people seem to use pad.

I have a T300 with F1 add on wheel and the T3PA pedals and would definitely recommend it.

I'm on xbox and went from controller to Logitech G920 with a basic gt omega wheel stand and i cannot go back. It's a considerably better experience and while initially you will be slower, once you get used to it you'll find you'll get quicker, but more importantly you'll enjoy it SO much more. I've even recently replaced the basic wheel with a 3d printed f1 version and it's even better again! Do it! 

On 12/31/2020 at 10:17 AM, GioProductions said:

Will you be racing on Console or Pc?

If i may make you a suggestion, i would say Thrustmaster T300 (if on Playstation: T300 GT edition has better pedals) It is a mid range wheel but has everything for good racing. The force feedback really brings an extra level of immersion and giving you extra information when racing, like your tires conditions etc. 

Logitech would be cheaper, but you cannot change the wheels like with Thrustmaster. That is what i find a big plus point with Thrustmaster and Fanatec.

I use for example the Thrustmaster Ferrari Add on wheel for F1 and the standard Wheel for Dirt etc.

Here my ferrari wheel (with some changes)20191116_190633.thumb.jpg.80eeb9f14165883c183b241e720dc7b4.jpg20200805_131446.thumb.jpg.41248a0b77c1ba9bdae69741465e1af5.jpg

What exact racing seat is that mate??

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GioProductions said:

This one:

I use this with a Thrustmaster T150. It's brilliant and affordable. Folds down nicely and lives behind the sofa to keep the Mrs happy when not using it! Also I had an issue with the velcro straps not long after I bought it but contacted Playseat and they sent out replacements, excellent customer service. 

Edited by kenuf
Autocorrect!
  • Agree 2