Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

[1.14][PC] Game has started to crash since I've started using a Logitech G920 Wheel

I've been playing F1 2020 for months using an XBox controller and have never had any crashes. I got a G920 back in August and after using it for about 30 minutes it sat around until this week (that is because I have an L-shaped desk and had no way to secure the pedals). Fast forward to this week and I got a Playseat Challenge seat which I can now use to secure the pedals. Game has crashed 3 times now on me in the last 24hrs.

One time it was while I was flipping through camera views in the menus, the 2nd time it was after doing like 15 laps in France and the last crash was after doing 3 laps in France (had to restart the race). I learned quickly to do mid-session saves and was able to do a 50% France race and finish.

Why all of the sudden is my game crashing?

I did install Logitech G Hub yesterday...latest version.

Attached is the log of whatever egodumper is (never saw this before either). Interestingly enough, I don't see any F1 related crashes in the Windows Event Viewer...

egodumper.log

Hi,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow the templates below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose   

10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow the templates below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose   

Using the template:

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
    1. See above description. No error on screen, just says the EgoDumper made a log.
  2. Platform
    1. PC/Steam
  3. What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
    1. 1.14
  4. Game-mode?
    1. Career (not myTeam)
  5. What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.
    1. This has happened 3 times and I'm not sure on how to replicate. All I know is it did not occur before I started using a wheel and happens at random moments in the race (each of the 3 times a different lap number/track at 50% race length). It did not happen last night while doing a 50% race in Hungary but I have gotten into a habit of saving mid-session like every 3-4 laps.
  6. What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue.
    1. I've ensured I have the latest drivers, latest wheel software, etc. However, the EgoDumper log doesn't tell me much so I can't do any further troubleshooting. In addition, I tried to cross reference the crash with the event viewer and nothing was logged to the event viewer which doesn't help matters.
  7. What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)
    1. Logitech G920 Wheel
  8. Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
    1. No video or screenshots, just the log in the original post.
  • Like 1

Do you have your controller also plugged in too? Have you also verified the integrity of your Steam files? Does this happen on other modes at all?

9 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Do you have your controller also plugged in too? Have you also verified the integrity of your Steam files? Does this happen on other modes at all?

Nope, controller has been unplugged and only the wheel is plugged in since I received my seat. I have not verified the integrity, but can try that. I don't really play other modes so I can't speak to that, but I did do Time Trial a few times when I first got the wheel and seat combo just so I could practice without others on the track. The issue did not occur in Time Trial in the 15-20 minutes I spent there (at Austria).