Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Posted (edited)
  • When turning, the car just starts going straight mid turn. Seems to occur most during long high speed corners. Have tried multiple controllers but same issue occurs every time. Occurs in My Career mode and Time trial and GP mode.
  • PS4
  • Career Mode, GP Mode, Time trial. All offline modes I've tried so far. 
  • I can replicate the problem across sessions, cars and game modes. 
  • Simply turning into a corner causes the car to occasionally stop turning mid way - often resulting in a crash. 
  • I've tried to reset settings, but not sure what else can be done. 
  • I'm using a dualshock 4 playstation controller. 
  • Edited: Here is a video clip of the incident along with controller settings. 
  • Note that all these clips happen on right turns. It's as if the car just pulls me straight for a second. At times its subtle, but enough to ruin a lap. Other times it's dead obvious - as you will see. Really frustrating issue. Feels as though some sort of steering assist is turned on mid corner. Happens every race now. Across multiple game modes. Clips here are from Career and Time trial. 
  • Controller settings are just the Dualshock4 wireless controller Preset 1 
  • No changes have been made. 
  • Braking assist: Off
  • Anti Lock Brakes: On
  • Traction control: Medium 
  • Dynamic Racing line: Corners Only
  • Racing line type: 3D
  • Gearbox: Automatic 
  • Pit assist: On
  • Pit Release assist: On 
  • ERS Assist: Off
  • DRS Assist: Off 
  • Fuel Assist: Off
Edited by Seanmc02
More accurate information

Can you add a video of this happening please @Seanmc02 and also your controller settings please.

2 hours ago, Seanmc02 said:

How do I do this?

PS4 has a clip sharing feature does it not?

Is that video enough info??? Should I include anything else? Thanks for your time. 

Do you run Wireless or wired with your controller? Do you have a custom control scheme and if so, can you take a picture and add it on. Also, do you have Steering assist enabled?

I think there something in the controls here. The section is in your controller settings, and should look like these (but for PS4 of course 🙂 ):

20210105143946_1.jpg

20210105143936_1.jpg

@BarryBL I run wireless. I do not have a custom control scheme. Steering assist is off. Controller settings match up exactly - except Understeer enhance is on. I'll change it and test for difference. Thanks. 

Just now, Seanmc02 said:

@BarryBL I run wireless. I do not have a custom control scheme. Steering assist is off. Controller settings match up exactly - except Understeer enhance is on. I'll change it and test for difference. Thanks. 

No worries @Seanmc02. If you can grab those screenshots as well, would be great. It could a sensitivity issue.

Nope. Still having the same issues. It feels like a steering assist in the slow corners, pulling the car. But in high speed corners it sometimes just stops turning altogether. Really frustrating. I hope these screenshots are readable. I have steering assist off as far as I know. I'm playing in career anyways. Thanks!

16099752060485620947400359612040.jpg

16099752868006334615109475064841.jpg

16099753284434574547641329444923.jpg

Turning down some of your controller settings might help @Seanmc02. This is my wheel setup, but having everything on 100% can cause some driving issues on the controller. Try something like the below, but there are much better setups than this around the community:

20210107123421_1.jpg

I'll give that a go and get back to you. Thanks for all of you're help so far. 

• Thanks 1

No.... Unfortunately these changes haven't made a difference. Wheel still goes crazy in corners and stops completely at times. Never experienced this on other f1 games before. Really feels like a wonky steering assist. I have it turned off aswell. Thanks 

Longshot here @Seanmc02, but have you gave your controller (mainly your analogue sticks) a good cleanout? Do you have another controller to test out perhaps?

Yes. Just how do I do this, and will any of my saved progress be lost?

27 minutes ago, Seanmc02 said:

Yes. Just how do I do this, and will any of my saved progress be lost?

Save your savegames to a USB or a external drive as backup. Then simply uninstall the game and re-install from the store/disk. 

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL I've attached a clip of me booting up the game after the reinstall. I go straight in to grand prix mode to test the issue. And on the first corner...... Same issue. The video also showcases some prime examples of what I'm talking about aswell as the 'wheel shaking' I sometimes get in slow corners. 

I should note that I didn't experience this at all when I first bought the game, only after a few days (I was at Barcelona in Career) did this stuff began to happen. And it was immediately noticeable. I hadn't changed anything in settings and I thought it was setup at first. If I had experienced this from the outset it would be different. But the game was fine when I first started playing.

I went on to reddit to see if others have experienced the problem and sure enough, there is a paragraph pretty much identical to my experience. The replies to this post also indicate that others are having the same

Here is the link to that article.

issues. https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/ht0kw9/f1_2020_steering_issue/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Thanks. 

Edit: Have since deleted all saved data to see if that was the issue. Unfortunately this didn't work so I'm back to square one. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Seanmc02

@BarryBL Hi. I haven't heard anything on this thread in a while. Just wondering if you're still looking into it. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Seanmc02

1 hour ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Does it do it on any other racing games? 

Agreed with @zZ A M P Aa. Does this happen elsewhere as well?

Do you have a wired option at all that you can test on? Might be possibly the communication between the wireless port and the controller maybe? Also, on your screenshot, you have a custom control scheme. Delete that fully, and restart the game. 

EDIT: Maybe try to reassign the axis for turning, save it. if it creates a custom, then make sure they select the custom. and enable it. This is a totally new one for us, as we have never had it reported to us in this game, or any.

Properly weird it must be something to do with the controller or PS4 surely? Have you resynced the controllers with the PS4? 

When you are on the calibration screen what happens when you move the stick left and right on the steering input test meter? Does it make erratic movements there?