Sign in to follow this  

The Codies League Championship

Hello all, welcome back to the forums! As you may know, we have recently started the Codies League Championship; an F1 2013 tournament that pits some of the best leagues around to compete against each other for the top spot. At the moment the Championship is in its first Xbox 360 season but we hope to expand this to PS3 and PC in the near future. For more info on the CLC check out our announcement post on the blog.

This topic is basically to discuss all things CLC - We’ll make sure to keep it updated with the latest league standings, events and race round ups!

CLC on the Codies Blog
Meet The Contenders

CLC Participating Leagues

CLC Calendar
GP 1 Australia - 19/03/13
GP 2 Spain - 26/03/13
GP 3 Belgium - 02/04/13
GP 4 USA - 09/04/13
GP 5 Brazil - 16/04/13

The next race is at 8PM (UK time) on Wednesday 9th April. You can watch it live on Twitch here.

Hi everyone, just a quick note to tell you all that I am Matt / phibes and I am the founder of VRL (Vortex Racing Leagues) who are participating in this championship.

I'm really enjoying this first season and it is a privilege to be a part of the first season. Hopefully these new forums will be great for drivers in the CLC to discuss races and upcoming races. 

If you have any comments or questions for me regarding VRL then please let me know. I'll get back to you ASAP!

GP 3 is tonight at 8pm (UK time) you can watch online here 

http://www.twitch.tv/codemasters_games/

Well done everyone. Looked like a fun race to be involved in.

Cheers for the stream again :)

It was a pretty awesome race from what I saw! 

Unfortunately VRL only had one driver at this race, but our man Mr JokeIRz managed to get 8th place, 4 points. He had some trouble with lag though I believe.

And here are the results! We post these at around 24 hours post-race, just in case any teams/drivers need to report any race incidents (that could change the results).

Race:

League Standings:

Only 18 points between AOR and TRL! The race replay is now over on Twitch if you missed it. http://www.twitch.tv/codemasters_games/c/3998454

Another cracking race in the CLC tonight from COTA, USA. The lead changed on the last corner of the last lap, so well done to TRL Rosberg and unlucky for xMattyG!

Race replays are now up on twitch for those who missed it or want to watch again.

Quali - http://www.twitch.tv/codemasters_games/c/4037575

Race - http://www.twitch.tv/codemasters_games/c/4037598 

Was certainly exciting last night, but there was an almost laughable amount of persistent corner cutting too which wasn't so good to see...

I've been watching the livestreams of these and the racing is just wonderful all through the field. There's always some kind of race long duel going on that makes Villeneuve/Arnoux look boring, interesting strategies, rain mixing it up... everything you could want.

Genuine edge of your seat entertainment; I wish the season was the full 20 races!

Just a quick message to thank the various admins for organising and running this. Always good to see devs engaging with the community, and it helps to show to the average racer that there's some fun to be had away from those chaotic sprint lobbies. I'd like to see this continue into the next game as well as branching out to other platforms.

I know the TRL members had a blast racing in this. Watching some of the battles from the various streams was very enjoyable as well. It's nice to see how far leagues have come since F1 2010, some great ones out there now.

Congrats to the AOR lads for winning, knew they'd be hard to beat!

Sharing the sentiments of Mazin really. Big thanks for organising this - was a lot of fun to be part of, and it's great to see Codies interacting with the league communities in this way!

Well done to all the leagues who took part as well for making it a good championship, especially TRL who - speaking as AOR's admin - challenged us extremely hard until the very end. I didn't get to step out on track myself, as Noble and Matty are way too quick to not have racing haha, but it was very enjoyable to follow the races each week through the streams, and I know many members of our community also had fun watching.

Good luck with the future seasons of this championship as you venture onto the other platforms as well. With a bit of luck, maybe we'll see you again there!

Cheers :)

I am also going to echo the comments from the two above, what a great championship it has been! Great fun, and as I said to Luke in an Email earlier, it's so good to see that what we do in our leagues is recognised. I can't think of any other company who have done something like this with their games' leagues. 

Congrats to AOR on winning, really well deserved, and also to TRL who gave them a close fight, and to all the other leagues too for some great racing. For our side at VRL, we came 5th, which is pretty good. The championship is going to expand to PS3 and PC, and I really hope we can be on the track again for the PS3 championship as we have one or two unbelievably quick drivers up our sleeve...

is the codies league only for people already in leagues or can anybody join in?

wish more things like this were aimed at the majority not the minority

The Codies League Championship is aimed at leagues who race on the F1 2013 game. If you race for VRL, for example, and we get chosen to take part in the league, then you are able to represent VRL in the CLC. At VRL we chose our top 4 or 5 drivers to represent us. So anyone can do it. You just need to race for the right league and be as quick as possible!

that's not what im asking, im asking why this is aimed only at the minority of people who race in online leagues, loads of people who aint in leagues would like something like this. an open championship would be good, any1 can enter. lots of multiple official codies leagues ending up with 1 final championship.

that's not what im asking, im asking why this is aimed only at the minority of people who race in online leagues, loads of people who aint in leagues would like something like this. 

Something like what? It was just another online league, just one organised by Codies. How would joining that be any different from joining any of the other leagues you could join?