Sign in to follow this  

Predict the Driver Battle 2014

Driver Battles 2014

It’s looking set for another year of great racing so I’ll try and bring along a new game.. Driver Battles is a new game where you predict the outcome of pair of drivers I put together for each weekend.  Sooo , lets get stuck in .

The Rules

1.)    Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM GMT at the latest.. There will be no exceptions to the rule , but you can change your predictions as many times as you want by making a brand new post.  No editing your old 1 because I can't see the time you edited it.

2.)    If a driver is changed during a race weekend and you have already submitted your entry , the replacement driver will be used and you may not change your entry. If the driver cannot race and there is no replacement , that teammate battle will be excluded from the results.

3.)    I ask that entries would be submitted in the following format :

Alonso vs Vettel : VETTEL

Raikkonen vs Massa : MASSA

Ricciardo vs Rosberg : DRAW

And so on

Or similar. Just choose a non confusing format and stick with it.

4.)    In the case of a draw , the person who submitted their votes first will win.

5.)    Failure to post your entry means I will use your entry for the previous round. If you miss 3 races in a row , you will need to post new predictions in order to score points.

6.)    A driver wins a battle by finishing in front of their partnered driver in qualifying AND the race. So for example if Alonso finishes 3rd  in qualiying and Raikkonen 4th , but Raikkonen beats Alonso in the race , then it’s a draw.

7.)    In the unlikely event of both drivers retiring , and not setting times in qualifying , then the driver who completed the most laps wins. 

POINTS SYSTEM

Correctly predict a battle : 2 points

Correctly predict every battle during a weekend : 5 bonus points

I will have new pairings up a week before each race , except for Vettel and Chilton who will always be paired together , simply because they are the best !

Let the games begin !

PS : Feel free to let me know if you see any faults in the rules , this is just an experiment to see how well it works. It could be brilliant , it could be a complete and utter failure. J

Bahrain GP Pair ups :

Hamilton - Rosberg
Ricciardo - Raikkonen
Alonso - Hulkenberg
Magnussen Vettel
Button - Massa
Perez - Bottas
Grosjean - Maldonado
Vergne - Sutil
Gutierrez - Kvyat
Kobayashi - Bianchi
Chilton - Ericsson

Sign-ups:
RevolvingPrawn
PeteTheDuck
Chadwick8505
yugin96
SILVERARR0WS
mike96

Standings :
  1. yugin96 - 5 Bahrain GP winner
  2. SILVERARR0WS - 5
  3. RevolvingPrawn - 4
  4. Chadwick8505 - 4
  5. PeteTheDuck - 3

fIsince08 said:
Perhaps it would be best just to do team mates?
That was my initial idea until I realised how easy it was. Very few team mates are close. 
Just thought I'd try the idea out and see how it goes.

Hamilton - Rosberg: Hamilton
Ricciardo - Raikkonen: Ricciardo
Alonso - Hulkenberg: Alonso
Magnussen Vettel: Magnussen
Button - Massa: Massa
Perez - Bottas: Bottas
Grosjean - Maldonado: Grosjean
Vergne - Sutil: Vergne
Gutierrez - Kvyat: Kvyat
Kobayashi - Bianchi: Kobayashi
Chilton - Ericsson: Chilton

Hamilton - Rosberg: Hamilton
Ricciardo - Raikkonen: Raikkonen
Alonso - Hulkenberg: Hulkenberg
Magnussen - Vettel: Vettel
Button - Massa: Massa
Perez - Bottas: Bottas
Grosjean - Maldonado: Maldonado
Vergne - Sutil: Vergne
Gutierrez - Kvyat: Kvyat
Kobayashi - Bianchi: Kobayashi
Chilton - Ericsson: Chilton

Hamilton - Rosberg: HAMILTON
Ricciardo - Raikkonen: RAIKKONEN
Alonso - Hulkenberg: ALONSO
Magnussen - Vettel: VETTEL
Button - Massa: MASSA
Perez - Bottas: BOTTAS
Grosjean - Maldonado: GROSJEAN
Vergne - Sutil: VERGNE
Gutierrez - Kvyat: KVYAT
Kobayashi - Bianchi: KOBAYASHI
Chilton - Ericsson: CHILTON

Very interesting idea! I'm in.

Hamilton - Rosberg: DRAW
Ricciardo - Raikkonen: RAIKKONEN
Alonso - Hulkenberg: ALONSO
Magnussen - Vettel: VETTEL
Button - Massa: MASSA
Perez - Bottas: BOTTAS
Grosjean - Maldonado: GROSJEAN
Vergne - Sutil: VERGNE
Gutierrez - Kvyat: KVYAT
Kobayashi - Bianchi: KOBAYASHI
Chilton - Ericsson: CHILTON

I do feel that the driver pairings are a little arbitrary. Furthermore it is a matter of opinion as to which drivers are likely to perform better (that's the whole point of the game) which means that you could be accused of making the pairups too easy to predict. (This could be an issue at the end of the season where the leading player might find it easier to hold on to his lead if the battle pairings are easy to predict.)

I would suggest that each weekend's driver pairings be based off the results of the previous race, i.e. 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th etc. Though of course this means that drivers who retired in the race will be out of position... Thoughts?

Hamilton - Rosberg - Hamilton Ricciardo - Raikkonen - Draw Alonso - Hulkenberg - Alonso Magnussen - Vettel - Magnussen Button - Massa - Button Perez - Bottas - Bottas Grosjean - Maldonado - Grosjean Vergne - Sutil - Vergne Gutierrez - Kvyat - Kvyat Kobayashi - Bianchi - Draw Chilton - Ericsson - Draw

yugin96 said:
I do feel that the driver pairings are a little arbitrary. Furthermore it is a matter of opinion as to which drivers are likely to perform better (that's the whole point of the game) which means that you could be accused of making the pairups too easy to predict. (This could be an issue at the end of the season where the leading player might find it easier to hold on to his lead if the battle pairings are easy to predict.)

I would suggest that each weekend's driver pairings be based off the results of the previous race, i.e. 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th etc. Though of course this means that drivers who retired in the race will be out of position... Thoughts?
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I like this idea more actually. I'd like to get more opinions on this actually . Anyone ?

^^ I don't know why that keeps happening to me btw. Some of these posts are f'd up.

I'd also like to point out that the results are based on qualifying AND the race. So therefore it is possible for the pairing to draw. I thought I'd point it out since some people seemed to have missed it.

I've also changed the deadline for predictions to Friday at 11:59 PM GMT. You can also change your predictions as many times as you want up to then by making a BRAND NEW POST !

Hamilton - Rosberg - Hamilton Ricciardo - Raikkonen - Draw Alonso - Hulkenberg - Alonso Magnussen - Vettel - Magnussen Button - Massa - Button Perez - Bottas - Bottas Grosjean - Maldonado - Grosjean Vergne - Sutil - Vergne Gutierrez - Kvyat - Kvyat Kobayashi - Bianchi - Draw Chilton - Ericsson - Draw
Why the **** won't this thing work ?

Hamilton - Rosberg - Hamilton

Ricciardo - Raikkonen - Draw

Alonso - Hulkenberg - Alonso

Magnussen - Vettel - Magnussen

Button - Massa - Button

Perez - Bottas - Bottas

Grosjean - Maldonado - Grosjean

Vergne - Sutil - Vergne

Gutierrez - Kvyat - Kvyat

Kobayashi - Bianchi - Draw

Chilton - Ericsson - Draw

Please work...

mike96 said:
Sign me up please!
Done !

The results of round 1 are up and congratulations to yugin96 on winning the first round by being the first to post ! Low scoring round this race but hopefully we'll have more people sign up for the next round.

I'd also like to hear your opinions on yugin's suggestion on deciding the pair ups based on the finishing postions of the last race ? ( 1st with 2nd , 3rd with 4th and so on )

Well, last place in this game so far. At least the predictor game is going well so far!