DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Dirt 3 (Steam) doesn't start

Hey there, I just bought Dirt 3 on Steam and my game doesnt start, everytime I click launch nothing happens, I tried to install GFWL but it didn't help. So I'd like to ask, did I wasted my money or is there any solution?

I'm using Windows 8. 

Best thing to do would be to email custserv@codemasters.com with details on your setup and they should be able to get you running. Some users do have trouble with with windows 8 and others don't so we are in the process of trying to work out the problem. Usually manually installing GFWL separately does the trick. 

Bought the game on steam, no talk of any of these issues on steam or on codemasters, so one goes ahead and buys the game. Finds out that one has basically been robbed. Im going to dedicate a few days to fixing this problem that has been around since last year....failure on code masters part, should be ashamed of your work, you would all be fired in my company but then again thats standards isnt it. If I feel that the game cant be fixed I will take immediate legal action in the form of a class action suit and I will hold you accountable to the basic rights of society. i.e stealing is wrong and thats what youve done, to alot of people, who would not have the know how to try and fix the issues in the game, and you have been allowed to get away with it. Absolute Disgrace.