DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Analog Handbrake

I stopped playing DR2 quickly after installing it due to no analog handbrake support like DR1 had, I'm reading now that they added analog handbrake support with patch 1.9 ? Maybe I have my settings wrong but my handbrake is still so sensitive and it still feels like it's on or off. When I go to the settings and pull the handbrake it shows the different % depending on how much i pull it but in-game there's no difference. any help would be appreciated ( i am using a dimsim handbrake pro)

Hello, do the devs reply to these threads or are we left in a vacuum here?

Just like the OP, i have an analog handbrake and it detects full range in the input opions in Dirt Rally 2.0.

Inside the car, it seems to be limited to 10% of the range or something like that.

Pulling it past 10% is just like pushing a button and 100% handbrake is applied.

What should we do?

Can someone from support for this game please have a look at this thread?

8 hours ago, aledmb said:

Hello, do the devs reply to these threads or are we left in a vacuum here?

Support is very limited as the game is no longer being updated and the dev team is working on future projects. Also this thread was originally in the wrong forum, so I moved it.

8 hours ago, aledmb said:

Inside the car, it seems to be limited to 10% of the range or something like that.

Pulling it past 10% is just like pushing a button and 100% handbrake is applied.

Do you have a telemetry readout (like one of the Dashboard mods on PC) to show this in action?

Also, usual questions in terms of what handbrake you're using, is the firmware updated etc.

I use analogue handbrakes on Xbox (specifically analogue paddles on my wheel) and they work as expected.

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Support is very limited as the game is no longer being updated and the dev team is working on future projects. Also this thread was originally in the wrong forum, so I moved it.

Do you have a telemetry readout (like one of the Dashboard mods on PC) to show this in action?

Also, usual questions in terms of what handbrake you're using, is the firmware updated etc.

I use analogue handbrakes on Xbox (specifically analogue paddles on my wheel) and they work as expected.

I'm using this handbrake... https://www.hsxsimracing.com/

It goes from 0% do 100% just fine in the options screen, but inside the car, the handbrake full range is limited to the first 10% of the physical handbrake controller.

Everything past 10% (ish) is just full handbrake.

I don't think I need to record this, because it's been reported so many times since 2019 that codemasters should know about it.

Also, this is on PC, no XBOX.

Set the saturation to the maximum in calibration.  Also set a small deadzone (like 10%).  And you will have something much closer to analog.   (I use a special hall sensor kit in my Fanatec as well that makes the entire HB more progressive and non linear, that helps too)

Edited by bn880