Jump to content Jump to content

Analog Handbrake

Sylus23

I stopped playing DR2 quickly after installing it due to no analog handbrake support like DR1 had, I'm reading now that they added analog handbrake support with patch 1.9 ? Maybe I have my settings wrong but my handbrake is still so sensitive and it still feels like it's on or off. When I go to the settings and pull the handbrake it shows the different % depending on how much i pull it but in-game there's no difference. any help would be appreciated ( i am using a dimsim handbrake pro)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, do the devs reply to these threads or are we left in a vacuum here?

Just like the OP, i have an analog handbrake and it detects full range in the input opions in Dirt Rally 2.0.

Inside the car, it seems to be limited to 10% of the range or something like that.

Pulling it past 10% is just like pushing a button and 100% handbrake is applied.

What should we do?

• Social Media & Community Team
8 hours ago, aledmb said:

Hello, do the devs reply to these threads or are we left in a vacuum here?

Support is very limited as the game is no longer being updated and the dev team is working on future projects. Also this thread was originally in the wrong forum, so I moved it.

8 hours ago, aledmb said:

Inside the car, it seems to be limited to 10% of the range or something like that.

Pulling it past 10% is just like pushing a button and 100% handbrake is applied.

Do you have a telemetry readout (like one of the Dashboard mods on PC) to show this in action?

Also, usual questions in terms of what handbrake you're using, is the firmware updated etc.

I use analogue handbrakes on Xbox (specifically analogue paddles on my wheel) and they work as expected.

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Support is very limited as the game is no longer being updated and the dev team is working on future projects. Also this thread was originally in the wrong forum, so I moved it.

Do you have a telemetry readout (like one of the Dashboard mods on PC) to show this in action?

Also, usual questions in terms of what handbrake you're using, is the firmware updated etc.

I use analogue handbrakes on Xbox (specifically analogue paddles on my wheel) and they work as expected.

I'm using this handbrake... https://www.hsxsimracing.com/

It goes from 0% do 100% just fine in the options screen, but inside the car, the handbrake full range is limited to the first 10% of the physical handbrake controller.

Everything past 10% (ish) is just full handbrake.

I don't think I need to record this, because it's been reported so many times since 2019 that codemasters should know about it.

Also, this is on PC, no XBOX.

• 4 weeks later...

Set the saturation to the maximum in calibration.  Also set a small deadzone (like 10%).  And you will have something much closer to analog.   (I use a special hall sensor kit in my Fanatec as well that makes the entire HB more progressive and non linear, that helps too)

Edited by bn880

• 9 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, bn880 said:

Set the saturation to the maximum in calibration.  Also set a small deadzone (like 10%).  And you will have something much closer to analog.   (I use a special hall sensor kit in my Fanatec as well that makes the entire HB more progressive and non linear, that helps too)

using a 3drap akina here and get the same reactions but I don't get any calibration choice

looks like its analogue in inputs but in actual car it sure feels on/off

I don't think you mean calibration but input settings,where you can add deadzone and/or saturation.

There isn't a calibration like in pedals/wheels,no matter how you say the HB is (wheel,pedal,handbrake or joystick)

I'll go back and put 150 saturation and see how that feels.

are these settings then saved in an editable file?

like is the 150 saturation game dependant or could that be altered to 200 in that editable file?

To get my CSL DD to work in DR I had to alter one of the preset wheel files to match device id

So I'll also see if I can prank the game that way too...........

From my findings I'd have to say DR2.0 does not have analogue handbrake at least for PC version.

I can get my Akina to show as whatever I want through a bit of id manipulation but when you tell the game 'this' is a handbrake it never gets the calibration option.

Regardless of what you use as handbrake it acts like digital in  game.

Or more accurately as pointed out in previous findings the amount of travel needed to get 100% is minimal.

Now if CM say they integrated analogue into the handbrake then something is amiss somewhere..........

Something as simple as in the code it says travel=0-10% instead of 100%

The game has no calibration for handbrakes so either its missing or for handbrakes there is nothing to calibrate.

150% saturation not tried yet but thats a software hack to elongate on to off by means of how long you keep the button pressed.

it will have an effect for sure and with tweaking may even be favoured.......

As for DiRT RALLY I've not got there yet with my analogue but they say it also has analogue capable

but also that its like this...just 10% but I'll find out soon.......does it have calibration feature available would say yes.......

4 hours ago, MystaOculus said:

From my findings I'd have to say DR2.0 does not have analogue handbrake at least for PC version.

I can get my Akina to show as whatever I want through a bit of id manipulation but when you tell the game 'this' is a handbrake it never gets the calibration option.

Regardless of what you use as handbrake it acts like digital in  game.

Or more accurately as pointed out in previous findings the amount of travel needed to get 100% is minimal.

Now if CM say they integrated analogue into the handbrake then something is amiss somewhere..........

Something as simple as in the code it says travel=0-10% instead of 100%

The game has no calibration for handbrakes so either its missing or for handbrakes there is nothing to calibrate.

150% saturation not tried yet but thats a software hack to elongate on to off by means of how long you keep the button pressed.

it will have an effect for sure and with tweaking may even be favoured.......

As for DiRT RALLY I've not got there yet with my analogue but they say it also has analogue capable

but also that its like this...just 10% but I'll find out soon.......does it have calibration feature available would say yes.......

Most likely your testing methods are the issue if you did use the adjustments I mentioned.  And I was talking about PC.  Not sure if this is available on other platforms.

Try something like and R5 on tarmac, go to exterior view and try different rates of pull.  It definitely works as I wouldn't be making stuff up, not sure about your specific setup.

9 hours ago, bn880 said:

Most likely your testing methods are the issue if you did use the adjustments I mentioned.  And I was talking about PC.  Not sure if this is available on other platforms.

Try something like and R5 on tarmac, go to exterior view and try different rates of pull.  It definitely works as I wouldn't be making stuff up, not sure about your specific setup.

didn't use saturation but I can see it would work to some degree and is probably the best solution and I will probably use it.

but for sure DR and DR2 have digital handbrake!

saturation is just adding a timescale from off to on,so pulling it gently for 5secs results in full on after 5secs

Edited by MystaMagoo