Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

MY GXT288 suddenly not recognized by game (PC version)

Posted (edited)

Hello, 
I'm having this problem- my steering wheel worked with the game just fine, then suddenly the game won't recognize my steering wheel being connected. I've tested the steering wheel with another game and it works fine.  I play on PC. The steering wheel is TRUST GXT288

Edited by DimitarKaloshev

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
    I have a TRUST GXT288 steering wheel that worked just fine in the game, but suddenly the game not recognizes it.  
  • Platform
    PC 
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode?
    My team mode
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    The problem still exist, so yes. 
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    Just playing the game, as usually.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    Checked if my computer finds and connects to the steering wheel- ok. Tried the steering wheel on Euro Truck Simulator 2- ok. Tried turning off and on the game and the computer multiple times without success. 
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    TRUST GXT 288
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
    Don't have. 

Hi @DimitarKaloshev

Your wheel is not on our supported wheels list. However, I'd recommend deleting your hardware.settings.xml file, deleting the controller from your game, verifying your Steam files, and trying to add from scratch.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This controller is literally a gamepad. Once it is detected successfully in Windows, then the only way to add it is as a custom controller configuration, it might name the wheel or it might detect as a controller, but remapping a detected schema will be the best option AFAIK.

I suggest you do as @BarryBL suggests, delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and verify Steam files. Then attempt to add/modify the schemas.

Trust.com - GXT 288 Taivo Racing Wheel

Ultimately however, it is not on the supported list so YMMV.

Edited by steviejay69

Hi, 
I've tried what @BarryBL said and now the problem is that it is detected as xbox controller and when I try to edit the controls I just cannot assign the pedals- as they're not there. Meanwhile while I'm pushing the pedals in the previous menu it goes from top to bottom (so it finds them as another button I guess?). Anyway, do you know how I could assign my pedals? Thanks! 

18 hours ago, DimitarKaloshev said:

Hi, 
I've tried what @BarryBL said and now the problem is that it is detected as xbox controller and when I try to edit the controls I just cannot assign the pedals- as they're not there. Meanwhile while I'm pushing the pedals in the previous menu it goes from top to bottom (so it finds them as another button I guess?). Anyway, do you know how I could assign my pedals? Thanks! 

Are they detected in Windows Control Panel? Try calibrating there?