Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haha, I am watching the Hungarian Grand Prix live and...

...some nutter has driven a Mercedes/AMG road car on the track.  It's leading the race and everything.  Never seen that in the 2015 game, what is going on?

With some of the dodgy overtaking I think all the drivers were playing the game before they went out there...... race was complete mayhem. I'm sure Maldonado must have broken some sort of record for the amount of penalties in one race ? :)

I think crashtor Maldonado has to be one of the worst drivers of all time. How he's still racing is beyond me. 

...some nutter has driven a Mercedes/AMG road car on the track.  It's leading the race and everything.  Never seen that in the 2015 game, what is going on?
Silly, that's the safety car. They must have a patch we haven't seen yet.

....stop spamming the forum with useless threads.You know what that was and you know its not in the game..Its bad enough already without your failed attempt at what ever you were going for. 

kevinkirk said:

....stop spamming the forum with useless threads.You know what that was and you know its not in the game..Its bad enough already without your failed attempt at what ever you were going for. 
Reaching groundbreaking levels of Salty.

kevinkirk said:
I disagree. It was a good thread that highlights Codemasters inadequacy to replicate a key element of what we see in real races in the official video game! 
When they tried to, it was rubbish. They were better off leaving it out until they managed to make it work properly.

As I've said before without an even remotely realistic damage system the amount of times the safety car would actually come out is low. In all the CM Formula 1 games released since they introduced the safety car I must have seen it only a handful of times over hundreds of hours.

Andi said:
As I've said before without an even remotely realistic damage system the amount of times the safety car would actually come out is low. In all the CM Formula 1 games released since they introduced the safety car I must have seen it only a handful of times over hundreds of hours.

Indeed I think I've only ever seen it deployed  twice in the games and I've done loads of races on them.

"Completely immerse yourself in the Formula 1 experience"...lol

No safety car.
No KERS
No self drive pit stops (automated drive through like a robot).

"Completely immerse yourself in the Formula 1 experience"...lol

No safety car.
No KERS
No self drive pit stops (automated drive through like a robot).

There is no KERS anymore like there used to be. The kinetic energy still is a part of the ERS along with the heat energy from the turbocharger, but the driver has no direct control over when to deploy it like in 2011-2013. 

Don't forget the mass hysteria when it was revealed for 2011. It was clearly a popular inclusion and topped everyone's wish list. 
Therefore the ONLY reason for its omission this year is that the developers simply were not good enough to get it to work...
If you think that's the ONLY reason popular features don't make it into a given release of any software, or are dropped after a major rewrite with the intention of gradually adding them back later (cf. Final Cut Pro, iWork and Photos, in recent years), then I hope you're not looking for a job in the industry anytime soon. You'll get disillusioned hella quickly.

Don't forget the mass hysteria when it was revealed for 2011. It was clearly a popular inclusion and topped everyone's wish list. 
Therefore the ONLY reason for its omission this year is that the developers simply were not good enough to get it to work...
If you think that's the ONLY reason popular features don't make it into a given release of any software, or are dropped after a major rewrite with the intention of gradually adding them back later (cf. Final Cut Pro, iWork and Photos, in recent years), then I hope you're not looking for a job in the industry anytime soon. You'll get disillusioned hella quickly.
Clearly you're the kind of person who accepts poor decisions simply because it's the way the industry works...
Im talking here as a consumer. I don't care how the industry is, or what companies do to recycle features at a later date. 
I'm the customer and I feel let down!

Looking at the state of the game, it's clear as day that the SC didn't get included because the team weren't good enough...
Their big 'cooking up a storm' next gen F1 game has bombed massively. The reviews were scathing. There's less content that any of the releases on the old gen, and what's left on the disc is buggy as hell. It's a disaster!!
If it's CM's gameplan to remove the SC just to add it as a feature next year then that's a huge own goal! Especially when they've removed so much alongside it....

Defend CM all you want. But customers don't care about things from a business point of view.. They paid £50 for this game and they want their money's worth...
CM have failed to deliver. 
+1

Maybe they left the safety car out because it was buggy and didn't work so well. I know the safety cars in AC and pCars work great, oh wait they don't have them either.

And quite frankly if you are going into a league race with the expectation that there will be a safety car so you can keep close to faster cars remind me never to join your league

It was buggy in previous years. All the safety car allowed you to do was drive very fast to catch up to the rest of the pack (which you are not supposed to do you are supposed to slow down) then you were pretty much under computer control so you couldn't effectively warm up your tyres or brakes anyway. Also if it drove into you, you get DSQ.

As for the virtual safety car same thing you would have to be governed by the computer to keep everyone in relative position.

And if it just a time penalty for not doing so what is to stop some one who is 20 seconds behind from disobeying the rules because he knows he is only going to get a 5 second penalty.

If they can get the safety car where it works properly and reliably then yes it should be in the game.

What is missing though is the Red Flag, seen some races from youtubers that definitely could have used a Red flag restart. 

Oh and pCars does have formula series as well, or ones that pretend to be formula.

What is missing though is the Red Flag, seen some races from youtubers that definitely could have used a Red flag restart. 

They need to get the blue flag working properly first.