Sign in to follow this  

Dirt 3- It's June. GFWL was supposedly to be removed in January. What happened?

I would certainly like to actually PLAY my game and be able to save my progress, but I can't do that because GFWL still hasn't been removed. I have the game on steam. Is there something I missed here like a removal tool I have to download and use myself, or have we pretty much given up Codemasters?

No the work hasn't been done yet though there is no reason why you can't play the game and save your progress.

As for the GFWL removal I do drop by the steam forums to update as often as I have an update.

Current news is we're running wayyyyyyyyyy behind but are still commited to doing it

Thank you so much for answering firstly! Considering the tone of my first message (which I apologize for) I'm surprised you even bothered. I guess I'm used to certain developers an publishers that will remain unnamed totally ignoring their community, and I was obviously pre-judgmental about codemasters. 

Ok so let me ask this then. Why can't I seem to save my progress in Dirt 3? I re-installed it because I felt like playing it, yet unbeknownst to me was that GFWL had just died very recently. I boot up the game, sign in offline for GFWL, make a racer profile, play, but when I come to the game next time I have to make another racer profile like I'm booting the game for the first time and all my races are lost.

Thank you so much for answering firstly! Considering the tone of my first message (which I apologize for) I'm surprised you even bothered. I guess I'm used to certain developers an publishers that will remain unnamed totally ignoring their community, and I was obviously pre-judgmental about codemasters. 

Ok so let me ask this then. Why can't I seem to save my progress in Dirt 3? I re-installed it because I felt like playing it, yet unbeknownst to me was that GFWL had just died very recently. I boot up the game, sign in offline for GFWL, make a racer profile, play, but when I come to the game next time I have to make another racer profile like I'm booting the game for the first time and all my races are lost.
I'm not sure, it works fine for me and others on the forum - but I'm well aware it is broken for some. I'll take a read through the docs I have at work on Monday for you.

Had you tried doing it with an online profile?

Also don't worry about the tone but do stick around :)

Current news is we're running wayyyyyyyyyy behind but are still commited to doing it
Can you confirm you're still doing the full pack, as mentioned on the Steam Forums some months ago? (Cloud saves, Achievements, Trading Cards)

Would it be possible if it's going to be done this year? before winter? Septembre? I miss multiplayer so much !!

Perprider said:

Would it be possible if it's going to be done this year? before winter? Septembre? I miss multiplayer so much !!

It had better be done this year, they've had long enough to work on it. There's no excuse really, it should have been sorted before this summer, which is when GFWL will be shutting down and everyone has known about it for months.

I can't save my progress either, as I can't connect to my GFWL account anymore, and I don't know why.

Hey, Justbiglee! Quick question: are there any chances You'll have the patch ready for July 1. ?

Or "wayyyyyyyyyy behind" means, that we're not gonna see it 'till 2015?

Greetings, all the best guys ;)

1st thing, watch the language on the forums please.

2nd thing that was news to me last night too

3rd thing I keep saying over and over again that we are doing it, and that it is taking a lot longer to get the work done, if it really was that easy it would have been done long ago. But the game still works, myself and plenty of others on the forums still play it.

Hello , there's a way to bypass securom? , because after I re-installed Windows and installed Dirt 3 again, there's no way to make it work, it always says that there is a incompability with the software.

Can someone tell what are the softwares that is incompatible with Dirt 3 to desinstall those programs and make dirt 3 work?

Thanks in advance. 

I have heard talk that if you uninstall GFWL including market place and reinstall then you can log in. I have no problems still logging into and playing but I did reinstall GFWL recently, not sure if this is the reason why but maybe worth a try.

I also know that some hacked games have had the GFWL security login removed totally, cannot say if multiplayer is available but wonder if they can do it so easily why the people in power, steam, codemasters or whoever is responsible are taking so long. I am not happy because I paid full dollar for half a game and the dlc's are no longer available to make it complete.

I have numerous launching problems with the game due to Securom (this being on XP!). I just have to keep loading it over and over again, cancelling the error message, and after 40 odd goes it might start. Annoying!