F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

The Cricket Thread

I don't even follow cricket, but even I know that this has been an absolute disaster for us.

Only had to watch the Windies series in the summer to know this was on the horizon. They may have won that series but it was not in the slightest bit convincing.

It's so embarrassing.. on paper we have a very good team, and Australia aren't anything special atm.. but we have totally collapsed on the pitch and all the off field antics don't help. 

Cook, Root, Ali & Broad have had possibly the worst performances i've ever seen from them. 

He did say on paper they are a good team, not they are a good team. The wickets the bowlers have taken and the runs the batsman have scored in their careers don't reflect their current ability in my opinion.

Cook is England's highest test runs in history but in reality has done nothing for a few years now.

Jimmy A is Englands highest wicket taker in test history but it's taken him near 15 years to get there and a hell of a lot more matches than those aound him to get there.

Broad is also one of England's highest wicket takers in test history but in reality is too inconsistent to really be classed as 'good'. He will have a decent game about one in ten matches when he can be unplayable but then be shit next match.

Your team can't be that good if it let Mitchell Marsh score 181.
The only thing our players are good at is starting fights with people...

Just wait until next year! I'll be there at Edgbaston as Stokes hits the century to take us to the final!

So... conveniently ignoring the test match in New Zealand right now..

Is anything else going on in the world of cricket? :lol:  

Steve Smith obviously keeps his sunglasses in a case made out of sandpaper.