Sign in to follow this  

The Cricket Thread

I wonder how long it's been going on for?

Be interesting to see what happens with regards to punishment.

They obviously did it during the Ashes, we definitely didn’t lose because our team was rubbish, definitely not.... :joy:

Fair play on Cricket Australia for dealing with the problem so quickly and harshly. Banning your own player, one of the best current batsman in the world, is a strong statement and tells everyone else it's not going to be tolerated. 

I feel a bit for Bancroft in this. A young player, starting his international career, has been encouraged by the senior leaders in the team to cheat and now has to pay the penalty. 

He's been busy making sandpaper for the Australian cricket team :trollface:

Watching Smith and Bancroft's pressers tonight broke my heart. Made me realise that we put our sports stars on a pedestal and sometimes we forget they're human too. I'm still furious that it happened at all, but I can see that they're genuinely hurting and want to make things right.

Watching Smith and Bancroft's pressers tonight broke my heart. Made me realise that we put our sports stars on a pedestal and sometimes we forget they're human too. I'm still furious that it happened at all, but I can see that they're genuinely hurting and want to make things right.
Agree 100%

Fair play to them for being so open about it, it was genuinely horrible to see Smith breakdown like that. 

Phil! Where on earth have you been man?

• Body is 1 character too short.
Thought I'd check in on the world's favourite convict. Doesn't seem like Matthew is around though.

Smith and Bancroft will be back but Warner is finished. He is an absolute cock.

phil83 said:
Phil! Where on earth have you been man?

• Body is 1 character too short.
Thought I'd check in on the world's favourite convict. Doesn't seem like Matthew is around though.

Smith and Bancroft will be back but Warner is finished. He is an absolute ****.
I'm around! It's just that the forums are pretty much dead these days so I only check in once or twice a month.

There's rumours flying around down here that Smith had no idea about the sandpaper,  and now is just falling on ones sword. I don't know, it's just a major **** up which is gonna **** with our team for the next year. 2018-19 Summer of cricket is looking pretty scary right now. I've always preferred the Big Bash anyway... 

The one day series has come to an end, 6-0.. Oh my days!! :dizzy:

This has to be the best one day side in history.

Love watching the poms lose, even if it is to India.

My CA membership email list has gone active this week, informing me today that its 16 days till the season starts. Have to decide now if I'm too out shape to play or not this season, too many days sitting in the lab eating cupcakes this winter. I don't know if my local D grade side needs that tiny girl who bowls right arm slow and bats 11 and is scared of the ball hitting her so has to field at third man but can't throw that far so needs a relay every single time...or not this year.

Our openers are a waste of time, Cook is in the worst form possible, Jennings should never have been picked, Root is having a poor summer.. the only thing that's saved us from total humiliation is the middle order :disappointed:

Yeah but is your best batsman and second best batsman but a bit of a tart out for the summer? 

Well at least I have the Big Bash to look forward to.

Who needs the Big Bash, when you've got the Caribbean premier league!! Featuring players such as Steve Smith  :D

Ahhh, just seen he's injured :lol:

I can't wait for the Ashes over here next year, Edgbaston should be quality haha!

I see Smith is playing for Australia A in England next year, it should be a good warm up for him before the Ashes.

Lukedfrt said:
Ahhh, just seen he's injured :lol:

I can't wait for the Ashes over here next year, Edgbaston should be quality haha!

You'll flog us, we have 1 good batsmen in this country in Steve Smith. Whilst his ban expires in time and he can play the ashes he won't have played long form cricket for a year and a half! I just hope some of our other guys can get some runs in UAE against Pakistan but not holding my breath...Things are going much better in the women's team these days :)