Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is wrong with Subaru Impreza 1995?

Why is it perfectly possible the get spinning tyres (revs going up) from the start without any problems, but not in hairpin turns when I am at first gear and still rolling? (loose surface)
It often takes ages until the revs are going up and the wheels start to spin, despite the fact that I am flooring the gas pedal for what feels like an eternity. This car should be getting wheelspin in 1st gear whenever I want to, especially on loose surfaces. And I have already maxed out the car setup to get the most oversteer possible.
It's like there is some TC trying to prevent me from spinning tyres, but all assists are switched off.

Turbo, turbo boost takes time to build up, turbo lag...

Use the Hanbrake near the harpin, 1 gear, floor it!!! Thanks.

I guess you, like me, don't have a clutch pedal on your setup? Otherwise you can just rev up the engine by giving it some clutch so you get the wheels loose from the surface.

Otherwise, try braking earlier and throw the car harder into the turn and give it power earlier. This'll get the turbo boost up and the wheels will already have lost some grip from the sideways slide.

I have a clutch, but there is no option to use it with sequential shifting.
Does a 300hp rally car on gravel really need the turbo to kick in to get the tyres spin in first gear?

carlosDR said:
I have a clutch, but there is no option to use it with sequential shifting.
Does a 300hp rally car on gravel really need the turbo to kick in to get the tyres spin in first gear?
The engine is not producing 300 BHP when it's not on boost.  ;)

There is something odd about how the throttle works in this game, it's not simulating how a real car reacts to throttle input. So that's probably one of the reasons why the car isn't doing what you expect it to.