Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Race simulation too fast

Hi there,

today I think a very unusual topic but I feel there must be some kind of bug around, that's why I fill the report, even if I would understand if it won't be the main task by CM :classic_smile:

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I have started many session of simulated GP, meaning Qualifying (full format) + Race 100% (dry conditions) in GP mode by changing the AI, and registering all the data I needed to guess which could be a challanging AI for myself. But from what I could see, the simulated results are far better than what AI can really achieve in the track. This led me an error in choosing AI.

Look at the picture below, I hope the 'Notes' are understandable:

Image2.jpg.0e1d28559c51de26b8fd9dfce96e306c.jpg

According to my assumed performance, I decided to use AI 105 but while the Qualifying performance of the AI were consistent, in the Race the AI is so much slower!

Here the results of the best AI 105 car (Hamilton), slightly faster than the simulated data, but very similar:

Q1 - 1:03,903
Q2 - 1:03,676
Q3 - 1:03,559

Here the race result (after a race with no SC/VSC or any issue for Hamilton):

R - 1:21:15,178

This is much slower than expected, 45-50 s. slower, which is almost 0.7 s. per lap! Even slower than "simulated" AI 100!
In fact I was expecting a tough fight with Verstappen (who ended the race in 1:21:30,167) and possibly with Hamilton himself, while I was easily almost half a second faster per lap and probably I could have challenged AI 110 :classic_sad:

Just a fast bet: perhaps the pit stop times are not added to the simulated race time? They are tipically 2 and cost around 20 s. for each one. Otherwise something must be wrong.

I understand probably nobody use this kind of tricky process other than me :classic_blush: but there must be a bug under the hood which potentially may affect other (more important) features of the game.

• Platform

PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?

GP mode

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

It's enough to start a new GP mode session (in Austria but I guess everywhere) and simulate it with the steps described in the picture ('Notes' field) and then make a full GP (Q1+Q2+Q3 and race 100%) in the same track.

• How do you make the problem happen?

Like described above.

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech G29

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Thank you for reading :classic_ninja::classic_rolleyes:

Regards,
Nuv