Track situation for F1 2021

47 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

Imola is. And apparently Vietnam isn't happening so they are in talks with others to replace that one with, according to rumours, portugal being the lead contender.

Yeah Imola is, but it has only been announced 5 days ago. In usual circumstances, the calender is set way earlier. They probably won't even add Imola, let alone any other track that will be confirmed later on. I would be very surprised, but pleased if they do manage it.

I Don’t know if imola and portimao are lazer scanned in project cars 3 but couldn’t they give codies the scans which would make things much easier if they were to make it right? Obviously they cant just port them over due to different engines but the scans would help a lot

I just expect them to have the original calendar with Jeddah and the TBC race (probably Portimao). I would love to have as many tracks as possible, but I don't really expect them to. Imola is probably only the first of many replacements this year. Maybe they'll make a track DLC later on in the year. They probably have at least some data from PC3, so they don't have to start completely from scratch, but it's still a massive amount of work to make a new track. Let's hope we can change the order of races in career mode.

What I need confirmation on is if the ad hoc 2020 track line up will be include as the F1 2020 season along with whatever tracks they decide on for 2020. Or they can simply add the exclusive tracks from last year where there is a cancellation this year and call the game F1 2020/2021. For example in place of Australia, add Istanbul Park, and so on!  Extra ordinary times calls for extra ordinary solutions - problem solved, as I'm sure there are more cancellations to come.  

As new strains of Covid-19 continue to emerge, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the same domino effect of cancellations we saw last year materialize this year! 

Not just Imola and Portimao on Project Cars, they also have Mugello, Nurburgring and Bahrain Outer. Only Istanbul not available from the missing 2020 tracks.

I would hope that for F1 2021, some sort of provision is made to have the correct circuits. They have the Project Cars data as mentioned above, plus they will have some data from the races last year at these circuits (lap timings, racing lines, tyre wear etc) so it all helps.

I would guess F1 2021 is well in progress and if they can't include the alternate tracks in the game at launch, they do look to add them in a DLC (either free or paid) at a later point. Then as mentioned above, give the user an option to amend the season schedule to add/remove different circuits. The only issue i guess could be licensing plus you would need to get Crofty to record some more intro's for all the different circuits.

• Agree 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:20 PM, FTBuzzard said:

but designing such a track in 3d is not done in 1 week or so. it takes time.
And the more tracks that are added, the longer it takes.
For an annual game this is a pretty difficult task, especially if you also have to improve the already existing game modes.

Well for an annual game they managed four tracks in 2013 and got that done. I reckon with help they can get the 2020 tracks and Saudi circuit in. Lets not forget the game has microtransactions now. 

• Agree 1

Everyone conveniently forgetting that hanoi and zandvoort were probably already built (for the most part at least) before covid-19 was even known to be a thing, yet still expecting 3 new tracks to be made this year with all of the major restrictions everyone has been working under, before even knowing the calendar until quite recently (one race still tbc). Using 2013 as a comparable situation is completely unrealistic. Less detail required back then for a start not to mention a pandemic to contend with. 

We will get what we get, and I for one will be thankful for it and not throwing a fit because I didn't get what I wanted. 

• Agree 3

TBC now confirmed as Portimao