Forum Championship League | ITALIAN GP 29/01/2021 Read more... ×

Track situation for F1 2021

So i am a bit curious as to what tracks will be in F1 2021, as we know hanoi is gone and china is likely to go too and we will have imola and portimao added to the real life calendar as races 2 and 3 but will the same be replicated in F1 2021? If so they would have to make 3 tracks from scratch (jeddah aswell, and we don’t even have a clue of the track layout yet) id be guessing they will stick to the original calendar and add whatever the tbc slot is. My only worry is that have codies started work on the jeddah track yet? Do they already know of the tbc replacement and are they working on it now? Or will this push the game back to an august/ September release as its pretty late in development to make a new track now right?

If they know which track to still be announced is I bet they aren't allowed to say so there's no point in asking anyway.

What I need confirmation on is if the ad hoc 2020 track line up will be include as the F1 2020 season along with whatever tracks they decide on for 2020. Or they can simply add the exclusive tracks from last year where there is a cancellation this year and call the game F1 2020/2021. For example in place of Australia, add Istanbul Park, and so on!  Extra ordinary times calls for extra ordinary solutions - problem solved, as I'm sure there are more cancellations to come.  

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

What I need confirmation on is if the ad hoc 2020 track line up will be include as the F1 2020 season along with whatever tracks they decide on for 2020. Or they can simply add the exclusive tracks from last year where there is a cancellation this year and call the game F1 2020/2021. For example in place of Australia, add Istanbul Park, and so on!  Extra ordinary times calls for extra ordinary solutions - problem solved, as I'm sure there are more cancellations to come.  

They cant (wont) do any of that due to licencing. Plus the time it takes to create the tracks etc. You will get the tracks on the 2021 calendar. It has been confirmed many times that this is the case. They cant even include Malaysia due to this reason.

• Disagree 3

I don't want it to happen, but I wouldn't blame CM for coming to an arrangement with FOM to have 2021 as a premium DLC upgrade for F1 2020.

I know the contract situation may not allow for that, but given the exceptional circumstances for the last two seasons and how working together in an office is just not possible in the UK right now, it feels like too much to ask for a 'full' F1 2021 of the same quality as usual with the likes of Imola, Portimao, etc being added last minute on top of Saudi Arabia too.

Let's not forget that we don't know what CM's plans are for PS5/Series X too and how that may or may not compromise things further.

• Confused 1

remember, these tracks (Imola, portimao, istanbul, mugello, nurburgring) are NOT official f1 tracks, they just replacements. We might get the official calendar like we had in F1 20, just without Hanoi.

2 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

remember, these tracks (Imola, portimao, istanbul, mugello, nurburgring) are NOT official f1 tracks, they just replacements. We might get the official calendar like we had in F1 20, just without Hanoi.

I really hope not! To have an F1 game and not be able to race the tracks they actually race 2 years in a row would be an absolute disaster.

It’s bad enough we didn’t get all the tracks that were raced on in 2020 (though understandable). In my view the main priority for F1 2021 has to be giving us all the tracks so that we recreate a proper 2020 & 2021 season.

Even if nothing else changes (apart from team personnel updates), and the release is pushed back, the tracks are an absolute must.

It takes a long time to build these tracks as well. I imagine they are working to get them into the game but it might not be possible due to time and the fact most of the guys and girls working for CM are working from home unless they could do them as DLC at a later date. 

4 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I really hope not! To have an F1 game and not be able to race the tracks they actually race 2 years in a row would be an absolute disaster.

Well, these tracks originally never planed to be in the calendar neither 2020 nor 2021. So don't get your hopes too high for these tracks.

Here the actual calendar of 2021 tracks:

• 28 March – Bahrain (Sakhir)
  • 18 April - Italy (Imola*)
  • 2 May - TBC
  • 9 May – Spain (Barcelona)
  • 23 May – Monaco (Monaco)
  • 6 June – Azerbaijan (Baku)
  • 13 June – Canada (Montreal)
  • 27 June – France (Le Castellet)
  • 4 July – Austria (Spielberg)
  • 18 July – United Kingdom (Silverstone)
  • 1 August – Hungary (Budapest)
  • 29 August – Belgium (Spa)
  • 5 September – Netherlands (Zandvoort)
  • 12 September – Italy (Monza)
  • 26 September – Russia (Sochi)
  • 3 October – Singapore (Singapore)
  • 10 October – Japan (Suzuka)
  • 24 October – USA (Austin)
  • 31 October – Mexico (Mexico City)
  • 7 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo)
  • 21 November - Australia (Melbourne*)
  • 5 December - Saudi Arabia (Jeddah**)
  • 12 December - Abu Dhabi (Yas Island)

doing a little recap.. the tracks missing from F1 2020 are:

• Imola
  • Saudi Arabia
  • TBC ?

So we have 2 o 3 new tracks. BUT

Imola is already present in Project Cars 3, another Codemaster game, we can hope to have it easily

Saudi Arabia needs to be done from the scratch.. and we still have to know what will be the latest TBC track.

Since for F1 2020 they added 2 tracks i hope they can do for F1 2021 too, we can hope in a full track F1 2021 game IMHO

2 hours ago, AlexanderPD said:

So we have 2 o 3 new tracks. BUT

Imola is already present in Project Cars 3, another Codemaster game, we can hope to have it easily

I wish it worked like that, but Project CARS runs on a totally different engine than the F1 series does.

Even if they did use the Imola data they have, it'd still take a huge effort to convert it all to make it run flawlessly in F1 2021 even when compared to just starting from scratch.

Edited by Blent

I hope they will include at least all the tracks from the original calendar and the actual calendar from 2021, and give the choise to change the order of the tracks in career modes (so we could manually put Australia in November instead of March)

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

Well, these tracks originally never planed to be in the calendar neither 2020 nor 2021. So don't get your hopes too high for these tracks.

Imola is now on the calendar so there is a very solid chance it will be in the game. And it seems like portugal might take the place of Hanoi so if that is known in time there is a solid chance for that one as well. The rest, not so much.

1 hour ago, GnrDreagon said:

Imola is now on the calendar so there is a very solid chance it will be in the game. And it seems like portugal might take the place of Hanoi so if that is known in time there is a solid chance for that one as well. The rest, not so much.

but designing such a track in 3d is not done in 1 week or so. it takes time.
And the more tracks that are added, the longer it takes.
For an annual game this is a pretty difficult task, especially if you also have to improve the already existing game modes.

1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

but designing such a track in 3d is not done in 1 week or so. it takes time.
And the more tracks that are added, the longer it takes.
For an annual game this is a pretty difficult task, especially if you also have to improve the already existing game modes.

Sure, but it's also their job to make the official F1 calendar in the game. So if at this point those circuits are part of it, they more than likely have enough time to make them.

• Agree 4

20 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

My hopes are already very high that we will be able to use the official F1 game to race on actual tracks that real F1 races on this year.

It’s ok for us to have different expectations, but i really don’t think mine are unreasonable 😊

I hope for some new tracks. I am bored by allmost the same tracks every year

I hope Imola, Portugal will be added. I am willing to pay extra for new tracks.

Yeah, screw the global pandemic! Give me all the new tracks! I dont care if it means people work overtime, or put them at risk of catching covid! I want my new game cos i dont want to be happy with my current one.

Then I'll complain that the new game is exactly like the old one, but with 2 new liveries and how dare they make me pay lots of money for it! Why wasnt it just DLC??

(or as DLC) Why are they charging £X for the new tracks? I might as well buy a new game for that price? and why is it 18 months late?

/s over

Guys, hoping is one thing. Can we please have a bit of reality in this, in that CM are a business and not there to satisfy your every want. Im sure they will do what they can and whatever they produce will be a bonus...

Edited by dshepsman
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

I think whatever tracks are confirmed for the real season will be in the game next year. They added vietnam and zandvoort didnt they? They also fixed and modified a few other tracks for this years game. They will also know a lot more inside info than any of us. Have faith.

• Agree 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, GnrDreagon said:

Sure, but it's also their job to make the official F1 calendar in the game. So if at this point those circuits are part of it, they more than likely have enough time to make them.

But that's the problem. Official.
Thhese tracks never been official in the first place. 

• Disagree 4

On 1/14/2021 at 12:18 PM, dshepsman said:

Yeah, screw the global pandemic! Give me all the new tracks! I dont care if it means people work overtime, or put them at risk of catching covid! I want my new game cos i dont want to be happy with my current one.

Then I'll complain that the new game is exactly like the old one, but with 2 new liveries and how dare they make me pay lots of money for it! Why wasnt it just DLC??

(or as DLC) Why are they charging £X for the new tracks? I might as well buy a new game for that price? and why is it 18 months late?

/s over

Guys, hoping is one thing. Can we please have a bit of reality in this, in that CM are a business and not there to satisfy your every want. Im sure they will do what they can and whatever they produce will be a bonus...

Nah but they make the official f1 game. Not the official f1 spin-off game with "Up to half the tracks that actually get raced on!" 

if they release a game without a lot of the tracks that f1 drives on again, then it is very clear that this '1 game a year approach' that codies have been trying for years now has run its course. Focus on fixing the game, and adding 'the' and 'more' tracks via dlc. it's such a no-brainer. We'll actually arrive at a fixed and functioning game at some point in the future and there is more time to put into improvements and adapt to calendar changes if you don't have to redo the same game every year. We can't be in a situation where every time in the future where f1 has to, or wants to, change the calendar around at semi short notice, we end up with an official f1 game with NOT the official calendar. Just because the codemasters are reinventing the wheel for the 13th time and don't have time for silly things like adding official tracks that they actually drive on.  

Not saying they should stick with the same one forever but 1 in every 4 years would do just fine and they can keep on actually improving the game for far longer, make it way better, and we'll end up with a 4-in 1 game that can be so much more than the sum of its parts. the new cars/tracks/seasons dlc's can cost exactly the same as the game for all I care. It's just a lot more efficient and less wasteful use of the developers time if they keep building and improving on the same thing for longer. A lot of hard work and man hours get thrown away when a game gets obsolete every year after 11 months. (even a bit earlier once they start hyping up the new game and interest for the old one plummets and people just start waiting)  

Edited by Bicarda
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Nah but they make the official f1 game. Not the official f1 spin-off game with "Up to half the tracks that actually get raced on!" 

if they release a game without a lot of the tracks that f1 drives on again, then it is very clear that this '1 game a year approach' that codies have been trying for years now has run its course. Focus on fixing the game, and adding 'the' and 'more' tracks via dlc. it's such a no-brainer. We'll actually arrive at a fixed and functioning game at some point in the future and there is more time to put into improvements and adapt to calendar changes if you don't have to redo the same game every year. We can't be in a situation where every time in the future where f1 has to, or wants to, change the calendar around at semi short notice, we end up with an official f1 game with NOT the official calendar. Just because the codemasters are reinventing the wheel for the 13th time and don't have time for silly things like adding official tracks that they actually drive on.  

Not saying they should stick with the same one forever but 1 in every 4 years would do just fine and they can keep on actually improving the game for far longer, make it way better, and we'll end up with a 4-in 1 game that can be so much more than the sum of its parts. the new cars/tracks/seasons dlc's can cost exactly the same as the game for all I care. It's just a lot more efficient and less wasteful use of the developers time if they keep building and improving on the same thing for longer. A lot of hard work and man hours get thrown away when a game gets obsolete every year after 11 months. (even a bit earlier once they start hyping up the new game and interest for the old one plummets and people just start waiting)  

So many things to unpick, so much wrong, so little understanding of how business works. 
Official game: yes, it is. 

Needs official tracks for the actual calendar: yes, obviously. But it’s not changing a livery of a car. It’s a MASSIVE task. Have you ever tried to create a track from scratch? Have you done any coding whatsoever?

The ‘one game a year’ approach makes money. The game engine doesn’t change. Not much really changes year on year, just tweaked here and there. A feature added, a feature removed etc. 
Something to keep everyone spending £50 (minimum) a year. 
you want to spend £50 on 3 new tracks and new driver models? Give me a break.... iracing tracks cos $15 and are laser scanned, tarmac modelled, tested by race drivers, all trackside buildings recreated almost perfectly. most with various layouts. 
most people won’t spend the price of a new AAA game on dlc. Not as many that would buy a new game every year. 
And as for wasted man hours, like I said the code gets reused almost year on year. There have been bugs from one year, been patched but end up in the next years game.

I hate to bang on about it, but there’s a World Wide PANDEMIC. That means restrictions, it’s meant people losing their jobs. Whether the later has effected CM I don’t know, but trying to save money was probably on their mind. 
I’d love to see the new tracks as dlc, but I don’t think this years game has been designed for it. 
you can’t just slap something new in the game because you want it. 

We know you want the new tracks. I want the new tracks. 
I also want a more refined ‘my team’ mode, classic liveries, less (no) podium pass. But it is what it is. 

Edited by dshepsman

6 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Agree with this, for me 2021 should be a DLC. One that both updates the teams/drivers for 2021 season, but also gives you the option to have the correct tracks and schedule for 2020. Concentrate the big changes to the game for 2022 when big changes to the cars happen in real life. 

It sounds like Montreal, Baku and Monaco will be cancelled this year and replaced by Istanbul, Mugello and Nurburgring. With Portimao also set to be added, that would only leave Bahrain Outer of the new tracks in 2020 that aren't in 2021.

I would be very disappointed if 2021 didn't feature the new tracks and just used the original schedule. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, PhilArny80 said:

Agree with this, for me 2021 should be a DLC. One that both updates the teams/drivers for 2021 season, but also gives you the option to have the correct tracks and schedule for 2020. Concentrate the big changes to the game for 2022 when big changes to the cars happen in real life. 

It sounds like Montreal, Baku and Monaco will be cancelled this year and replaced by Istanbul, Mugello and Nurburgring. With Portimao also set to be added, that would only leave Bahrain Outer of the new tracks in 2020 that aren't in 2021.

I would be very disappointed if 2021 didn't feature the new tracks and just used the original schedule. 

I agree with you. But let’s be realistic - I’m not sure this years game is coded to be able to handle new tracks as dlc. 
I’m sure they can create the new tracks, but it might mean other features get cut

On 1/15/2021 at 6:17 AM, FTBuzzard said:

But that's the problem. Official.
Thhese tracks never been official in the first place. 

Imola is. And apparently Vietnam isn't happening so they are in talks with others to replace that one with, according to rumours, portugal being the lead contender.