Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why li has no more the manual clutch with the sequential speeds there?

It seem to me that cars with the sequential box had the possibility of being able to use the manual clutch but maintaining the startings up and the slow passages are not really real.
Pourquoi il n'y a plus l'embrayage avec les vitesses séquentielles?
Il me semble que les voitures avec la boite séquentielle avaient la possibilité de pouvoir utiliser l'embrayage manuel mais maintenant les démarrages et les passages lents ne sont vraiment pas réel.

It is a huge handicap that needs to be adresses ASAP.
Quite puzzling that we still don't have clutch with sequential.

Bump. I can't believe that this isn't bothering enough people to be an active thread. Likewise I expected an official answer on this thread, gave it a few days, and nothing.

WTF Codies - Is the Clutch no longer used in Rally? Because it seems pretty fucking important to me.

Major, Major, HUUUGE oversight here!!!! Say something one way or the other please. 

You don't use a clutch for sequential shifting anyway, only from neutral to first. If you want to use the clutch, use H-Pattern
Out of curiosity, is it needed for reverse?  I know there is the extra lever on some shifters for engaging reverse. 

You don't use a clutch for sequential shifting anyway, only from neutral to first. If you want to use the clutch, use H-Pattern
Ah, and those of us who don't have a h-shifter? We can only go for sequential.
You have to use the clutch in most RWD and AWD cars anyway to keep the revs up in tight hairpins.
Having the clutch always available if needed is mandatory, regardless of what hardware you have. Especially in a rally game.

A real rally car would use a clutch when engaging the handbrake through hairpins. It's a real pain the way it is now. If you lift you lose rpm and quite probably bog down (and can't stab the clutch to get the revs up again), or keep some throttle while handbraking, making the whole slide very unpredictable.

This really needs to be fixed IMO.

gfRally said:
Out of curiosity, is it needed for reverse?  I know there is the extra lever on some shifters for engaging reverse. 
The S12b Inpreza WRC has a nob on the centre console to engage reverse. Think it acts like an automatic gearbox when using that I.e no clutch

Malyngo said:
carlosDR said:
Having the clutch always available if needed is mandatory, regardless of what hardware you have.
I'd say your hardware at least has to have a clutch to make that feature mandatory ;)
I have a shoulder button that is just begging to have clutch bound to it. 

https://youtu.be/0WlBntwsOdA?t=9m15s - Posted on Codies Rally Blog. I was very disappointed to be unable to practice the basic rally techniques I was advised to learn to do well in the game due to a lack of button support. Wheel users who choose sequential shifting and all gamepad users (gamepad users have no choice) are handicapped in slow hairpins. Do you H-shifter wheel guys really want to win because 75% of drivers can't drift slow hairpins properly due to a built-in handicap? Because that would bother me if I were in the 'complete setup' camp. How about even-ish competition?

According to this sequential shift cars still have a clutch to use for handbrake turns, but it doesn't have to be engaged to shift. Basically sequential shifting pumps the clutch for you in effect, but you can still pump the clutch to disengage the driveline or create some slip at will. 'http://www.carthrottle.com/post/oa87U8/' post: "
  • Like Dirty Harry said, they do. They only use it for taking off, after that you can shift without using the clutch. They do use it when pulling handbrake turns, which is pur e logic because you don’t want to send torque to the wheels while applying the handbrake."

This would really help in the hairpins, the cars get too bogged down without holding the throttle down when you pull the handbrake.  Plus it would make launching more fun.

+1 to op

I really cant understand why they cannot have a mappable Clutch button? RBR, GTR, Race 07, Formula truck, Pcars etc all have this function, It really cannot be that difficult to implement? I would like a clutch to use off the line with the handbrake, And dip when doing handbrake turns and selecting 1st or reverse gear, Cheers.

Dirt Rally Road Book 21/08/15, Patch me up:
"Clutch Override which will allow you to override the automatic clutch (allowing for clutch kicking)"
A good news to come ?

As long as the override feature includes manual sequential I'll be happy. I assume that if automatic is covered that would include the other methods of shifting as well. Thanks for the tidbit!

foppaldo said:
A real rally car would use a clutch when engaging the handbrake through hairpins. It's a real pain the way it is now. If you lift you lose rpm and quite probably bog down (and can't stab the clutch to get the revs up again), or keep some throttle while handbraking, making the whole slide very unpredictable.

This really needs to be fixed IMO.
Big time!  Especially with all the old, turbo laggy cars in this game!  Coupled with the over enthusiastic engine breaking it makes it so much harder to drift in this game than in other rally sims, say RBR.