DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

RaceDepartment Rally Championship - Season 9 announced!

A long four years since Season 8 cemented my love for DiRT Rally and the club community, the RaceDepartment Rally Championship is finally returning for Season 9 in February! 

This is a really well run event, with history, awesome event coverage (you can read the announcement magazine here), and heaps of competition.

Check out announcement thread to get amongst it! https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rd-rally-championship-season-9-announcement-info.196403/

fLOJ0pz.thumb.png.9f958144d4a51cdd9d491c5d982b43ce.png

• Like 4

That's a beefy magazine, well done to those who worked on it 🙂 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:55 PM, PJTierney said:

That's a beefy magazine, well done to those who worked on it 🙂 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:11 PM, Orangetuner said:

This is my first time seeing something like this. Cool!

Thanks! 🙂 We try to make it somewhat unique 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Myrvold said:

Thanks! 🙂 We try to make it somewhat unique 🙂

Honestly. This kinda coverage makes me super hyped for more funding to go towards more rallying video games(hopefully dirt rally series in particular) . Keep them coming! And I love the touch of the H3 class in the championship too. Hopefully Junior WRC will put some RWD/AWD rally4-5 cars and FWD/RWD in rally1-3 cars in future WRC championships. 

Edited by Orangetuner
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, Orangetuner said:

Honestly. This kinda coverage makes me super hyped for more funding to go towards more rallying video games(hopefully dirt rally series in particular) . Keep them coming! And I love the touch of the H3 class in the championship too. Hopefully Junior WRC will put some RWD/AWD rally4-5 cars and FWD/RWD in rally1-3 cars in future WRC championships. 

That would be awesome indeed! I think DiRT Rally 1 especially showed that a proper rally game have potential to reach relatively high numbers of copies sold! I don't think coverage like RDRC will help though, mainly because we are basically ignored by Codemasters. Now, not to sound too negative here, I don' expect Codemasters to know of, and/or promote every league out there. But we did contact Codemasters back in the DR1 days when we had over 450 entries and asked about a feature to be implemented to the RaceNet webpage. We were told they would get back in touch, but basically ghosted RaceDepartment after this.
This might be somewhat due to RD's mod support as well. Who knows. I just don't think the work we put in to this will have much of an impact, and it's not why we do it either tbf. But hey! If it helps, then nothing is better than that! 😄

It's too bad R-GT never took off IRL. I mean, imagine if Abarth and Alpine had their cars ready 5 years ago when Porsche had their tarmac rally-car there, Lotus Exige was there and the Finns developed the Aston Martin. It could've been a really nice class! After all it is 7 R-GT's on the entry list for 2021 Monte Carlo. Sadly it's 6 Alpines and 1 Abarth. So almost a one-make class!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Myrvold said:

That would be awesome indeed! I think DiRT Rally 1 especially showed that a proper rally game have potential to reach relatively high numbers of copies sold! I don't think coverage like RDRC will help though, mainly because we are basically ignored by Codemasters. Now, not to sound too negative here, I don' expect Codemasters to know of, and/or promote every league out there. But we did contact Codemasters back in the DR1 days when we had over 450 entries and asked about a feature to be implemented to the RaceNet webpage. We were told they would get back in touch, but basically ghosted RaceDepartment after this.
This might be somewhat due to RD's mod support as well. Who knows. I just don't think the work we put in to this will have much of an impact, and it's not why we do it either tbf. But hey! If it helps, then nothing is better than that! 😄

I think I know what you mean with the reasoning being because of the mods and stuff. Would be cool if Codemasters/EA could have some kind of partnership with racedepartment regarding the all the hundreds of liveries being created by modders.  If a livery cost 50 cents to $1 as dlc and If modders could have some kind of deal/certification from racedepartment to take it upon themselves to contact the teams for their permission to create their liveries for them into games so long as everybody gets a piece of the cash would be sick and profitable I imagine.

6 hours ago, Myrvold said:

It's too bad R-GT never took off IRL. I mean, imagine if Abarth and Alpine had their cars ready 5 years ago when Porsche had their tarmac rally-car there, Lotus Exige was there and the Finns developed the Aston Martin. It could've been a really nice class! After all it is 7 R-GT's on the entry list for 2021 Monte Carlo. Sadly it's 6 Alpines and 1 Abarth. So almost a one-make class!

Yeah its a shame. I think car manufacturers need to be more in touch with what people find cool in sport cars. I mean look at the Toyota Yaris GR popularity and success. Everybody just wants to buy a car that makes you feel like you can achieve that kind of performance someday with enough upgrades or just the fact you're car is the foundation of something so cool. And as far as R-GT goes im not sure what so say about it. Im not an expert in car culture but I think that if we saw more homologation cars designed with R-GT/ formula drifting in mind as their foundation like the Yaris GR it could create more traction with the community and become more popular/profitable imo. 

Edited by Orangetuner

I'll follow up here with the second Magazine, the Monte Carlo edition for the event that started this Monday.
Logically there are articles about the history of Monte Carlo in RDRC, the drivers that are expected to fight for wins, and stageguides. But also articles on the first ever winner of Worlds Fastest Gamer, Rudy van Buren who have signed up. Juncos Racing have also signed up (yes, that is the IndyCar, IMSA and Road to Indy team). They bring with them the driver with the most wins in RDRC history, and a Signatech Alpine employee. So we have articles on that, and some extras as well! The magazine can be read here

Also, @PJTierney as I suppose you are mr.DiRT Facebook account? I was quite floored when I saw RDRC being shared there. Really appreciate it 🙂

fyTU5D2.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Myrvold said:

Also, @PJTierney as I suppose you are mr.DiRT Facebook account? I was quite floored when I saw RDRC being shared there. Really appreciate it 🙂

For rally stuff yeah, that's me.

The 50 page magazine was great 🙂 

• Like 1

Round 2 is live! Rally Sweden!

As always, a new magazine is out! You can read it here
We also got the results out, sortable for each stage, with drop-down menus, combined results from all classes etc. can be found here
And of course, that also means that the standings are out.

jAyQiaU.png

7NkN8S0.png

• Like 2