Jump to content Jump to content

I guess the logistics of mapping new tracks and the team sending people to the actual track may cause an issue given each county has different restrictions. Hopefully the new tracks will be involved though even if they are not 100% accurate in terms of surroundings and tyre wear etc. 

11 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Added to next years calendar. This confirms itll be in the next game right?

Well; it should.  I think we should wait to hear from the devs themselves though.  In this world we're living in I don't think anything is automatic anymore.  Especially with the upcoming EA takeover.

5 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Well; it should.  I think we should wait to hear from the devs themselves though.  In this world we're living in I don't think anything is automatic anymore.  Especially with the upcoming EA takeover.

Not sure how much the EA takeover is going to affect a title that would have to already be in development. EA's influence(how much or how little is yet to be determined) won't likely be fully realized until 2022.

2 minutes ago, AlexanderPD said:

Imola is already present in another Codemaster game: Project Cars 3. 

I really hope we can have it on F1 2021, along all the other tracks!

That game ruins everything it touches, can we just have the pc2 version 😂

I don't actually know if the track is different in pc2 vs 3, but pc1,2 and maybe 3 definitely have a different engine to F1 games. The scan data is probably transferrable though.

CM was always committed to getting the tracks from the official calendar into the game, so Imola should be there. Covid may not let them get it right, but it should be doable since it was raced this year.

Based on the 2020 season, I would advise them giving the chance to change the order of the tracks as who knows what the real calendar will be in the end.

• Agree 1
On 1/13/2021 at 1:48 PM, AlexanderPD said:

Imola is already present in another Codemaster game: Project Cars 3. 

I really hope we can have it on F1 2021, along all the other tracks!

well with project cars 3 imola that's on a completely different engine which won't make things easy to convert stuff from

• 3 weeks later...

i don't think it will be a "1-click" operation, but since they have all the raw data from the project cars 3's scan about imola they just have to convert that data to f1 engine. 

a technical opinion about this from codemaster's devs can really be a nice thing, but i doubt they will ever reply 😞 not dev's fault, i guess they just cannot reply, too risky for their job eheh

I think adding Imola will be quite likely. But whatever will be in Hanoi's place is a lot less likely, depending on when CM knows about it. Because apparently making a track takes quite a lot of work so it might simply be too late.

Codies should just use the newly-acquired EA bucks and buy Kunos.

They have perfect versions of Imola, Nurburgring, Brands Hatch, Zolder, Kyalami, Laguna Seca, Bathurst, Suzuka, Donington, Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Barcelona, Spa, Zandvoort and others.

• Disagree 1