Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020 Ego dumper game crash

Hi,

Have seen this raised a few times but no definitive fix has been found. Its the same EGO dump error reported previously in F1 2020 

1.A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

the game crashes for me within the first 20 minutes of game play (Career mode, solo GP, time trial.. even viewing highlights.. s you name it) no temp issues noticed on cpu or GPU. I get an Ego dump error message and am able to restart the game and load up a game again but the game will freeze and crash again at random

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

Career mode, solo GP, time trial
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

Initially thought it was logitech g29 drivers, uninstalled reinstalled etc. turned off all my (very slight) OCs, installed to a different internal drive (ssd) each time running the game either through the benchmark test or trying and failing to progress in career mode. I switched to an xbox controller incase of driver issues, and also turned down graphic settings in game but still game crahes
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

After loading game modes during races, adjusting in game settings
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

Have tried most things out there, changing nvidia settings, turning off steam overlay, running Dx11 .. even capping fps to 60 does working. running in safe mode tried and still crashed

Have validated steam files
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

using logitech g29 but also crashed using an xbox controller

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

No but have attached the dxdiag and crash report.

This only occurs for me in F1 2020, I dont own another racing game but can play other games just fine.

Computer specs : i7 9700k, Nvidia RTX 2060

DxDiag.txt

crash_dump#712959-20201213-223005-0.zip

Thanks for the great reporting @strickz, I've also received your mail.

I'll pass the crash dumps onto the developers to take a look at. Also, your last driver update was 11/5/2020. Can you confirm that this the latest driver? This looks like it needs a update

@BarryBL

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the similar thread to others out there but i was gettings desperate as I havent been able to play the game in the 2 months since getting it.

I rolled back the display drivers as I saw another thread suggesting to go back to 446.16 (im trying everything!) but I was still crashing on the latest drivers before a ddu.

No problem. Can you add copies of your in-game graphical settings so I can take a look. Should look like this:

20210105162714_1.jpg20210104160620_1.jpg

Also, ensure 'Asynchronous Compute' is turned off. If you can add a video of the crash, would be really useful

@BarryBL here you go - I've played with low settings and ambient occ, anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering off 

Will fire up the game properly to try and record the crash.

F1 2020 (DirectX 12) 1_15_2021 10_22_35 AM.png

F1 2020 (DirectX 12) 1_15_2021 10_23_55 AM.png

• Like 1

I'd suggest turning down your refresh rate possibly too. 

Non-critical parts could do with a drop. SSRT Shadows can go to 'Off' and Vehicle Reflections down to 'Low' may help your cause.

@BarryBL looks to have been stabilized, thanks for your help. I'm skeptical about updating the driver - I downgraded to to 446.14 for testing, is it stable on 461.09 that you know of?

Thank you again

It is, however, if your game is working for now and wasn't before, stick with what you have. In theory, you should always aim to have the latest drivers, however, if you have found a now working system, play it safe. I'll mark this as solved from the feedback you have given. Happy racing!