Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2013 Steam Error Code 41

Hi everyone,
I'm having quite a major problem running F1 2013 at the moment. Every time I have tried to launch the game, an error message has appeared saying 'The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request (Error Code 41) What is this? I have tried everything to try and get around this, even disabling my antivirus, reinstalling Steam, but I still get the same message. It's strange because the problem only started happening after I had upgraded my PC to Windows 10. Could this have anything to do with it? Or it is Steam's fault? If I have to reinstall the game, will that also delete all my Career mode progress. That will have to be a last resort. Or is there a way to work around this? Please help me, I'm really fed up with this, and at the moment, I can't play the game.

Hi I got this info from this site ,  1. Restart your pc
2. Disable antivirus
3. Right click steam icon and select run as administrator
4. Verify game cache

5. Report back here         http://steamcommunity.com/app/325610/discussions/0/617328329158367494/  hope it helps :)

Hi,
What does 'verify game cache' mean?

All operating systems - Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Important: One or more files may fail to verify.

This is normal for most Steam games. The files that fail to verify are local configuration files that should not be replaced as part of this process. You can safely ignore this message.

Warning:

Do not run the verification process while performing other system-intensive processes, such as defragmenting your hard drive or scanning for viruses.

Do not run this process for multiple games at the same time.

What part of my Avast Antivirus do I need to disable?
Sorry mate I dont know  about Avast Antivirus stuff , I hope someone can help you with your Antivirus :) 

Hi,
Does your PC require internet to verify game cache?
HMMMM not sure about that too , as I have never had to check mine offline , plus I am not a computer expert , I only know the odd bit here and there , sry  

It's taking forever to verify the game cache. Does doing this reset all game settings? Should I create a Steam backup, before anything might go wrong?

It's taking forever to verify the game cache. Does doing this reset all game settings? Should I create a Steam backup, before anything might go wrong?
If I was you I would wait until someone with more expiriance an this site can help you , as I dont want you to bu@@er you PC mate :) Good luck Kev .

Hi there,
I tried your advice on verifying the game cache and it worked! Many thanks! The game is now working fine. For some reason it has reset to factory settings, but I'm not that worried as I hadn't been using it very long anyway. Again, thanks for your help and I'll post again if I have any other issues. 

Hi there,
I tried your advice on verifying the game cache and it worked! Many thanks! The game is now working fine. For some reason it has reset to factory settings, but I'm not that worried as I hadn't been using it very long anyway. Again, thanks for your help and I'll post again if I have any other issues. 
COOL nice one and happy racing :) Take care Kev .

Thanks welshkev. This had been bugging me for a few days and within minutes of reading your clear instructions I have the game running again.