Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Used tyres

I play in mode championship and my tyres wear out more faster than AI and i must stop in pit once again AI. Is this normal??

However, do you have a pace advantage? Because if you are going quicker than them by 0.5-2 seconds then that maybe. Otherwise, you maybe driving too aggressive. One thing I do, I play on a pad PS4, medium traction control, legend ai. I put the tyre pressures to 17.0 psi, lowest, and I setup my cars with low downforce. Say 2-4 3-5 wings.

The rule in conserving tyres is: Brake, release the brake, turn, straighten the car, throttle. Doing 2 of these at the same time kills the tyres.

However, it seems like the ai's only way to beat us is through tyre wear. I do agree, that tyre wear is quite ridiculous, but I am fine in the tyre wear. 100% races I only go in 1-2 laps earlier than the ai which allows me to undercut them or build a lead. I found out that on some circuits, say Silverstone, that one more stop is actually better. On a 100% race at Silverstone the strategy was 1 stop.

1st stint: Lap 1-22 Medium

2nd stint: Lap 22-52 Hard

However what I did:

1st stint: Lap 1-17 Medium

2nd stint: Lap 17-34 Medium

3rd tint: Lap 34-52 Hard.

I started 6th as Bottas and managed to grab 3rd place finishing 0.8 behind Hamilton, and Rosberg, the winner. I wasn't far from Rosberg, 2.7 secs only.. So, the best thing is to experiment what helps you more. However, I do agree, tyre wear is absurd by the ai...

In Silverstone with vettel i had to enter pit at the 15 laps then 32. I will try to apply your advice. I hope CM goes fix wear tyres AI. Thanks!!

Similar issue here too. Just did a 50% Monza race and my actual engineer strategy was to 2 stop (options to lap 9/options to lap 18 and then primes to the end of the race on lap 27) but the AI only stopped twice. I had the overall pace to beat them but the extra stop was too much for me to make up finishing around 9 seconds adrift of Vettel and a couple more of Hamilton. Re-running the race now on just a 1 stop (options to lap 12 and then primes to the flag) and the tyres are really struggling to hold on although I am holding 3rd place at the moment as I approach the pit stop.

The AI just don't seem to struggle in the same way and both AI ahead of me are around a second a lap quicker at the moment. The traction control they appear to have helps that regard I guess.

The idea behind tyre wear in f1 2015 is to mimick the real life wear its all to do with how you drive i struggled severally with this issue until recently i use a ps4 pad ... i race on 100% lenght difficulty legend i drive with ferrari the idea is to drive as smooth as possible and to set fuel to push when u can conserve when needed i do still have to pit twice on most tracks but i get an extra 5-10 laps from the tyres